Recent content by JsChiSurf

1. JsChiSurf

Post [Guide/Tutorial] Fix Nexus 6P Bootloop of Death Boot Image Patch - Android 8.1 & More

Ha, that's what I get for being too lazy to research. Thanks for the point in the right direction.
  2. JsChiSurf

Post [Guide/Tutorial] Fix Nexus 6P Bootloop of Death Boot Image Patch - Android 8.1 & More

Wondering if you might have a modified version of ElementalX's 6.01 for the January 2018 update? Or, if you have a link for modifications via source I wouldn't mind taking a stab as well. Thanks.
  3. JsChiSurf

Post SuperSU and SafetyNet / Android Pay

Wow, I am in complete disbelief at the abrupt and complete and utter abandonment of the developer community by Google. The developer community, IMHO, has played a significant role in evolving Android into what it is today. In a desire to use Android Pay, and "play by the rules", I finally...
  4. JsChiSurf

Certainly. System-less root with SuperSu 2.71 (latest).
  5. JsChiSurf

FWIW, my Android Pay updated yesterday to version 1.3.120831396, manually applied the May Security update today (Nexus 6P / MTC19T), and Android Pay worked w/o issue @ Trader Joe's today (first attempt since Pay updated).
  6. JsChiSurf

Post PSA TWRP Backups and Lockscreen Security

Just to point out, it's probably not necessary to mount /system for deleting the applicable content in the /data partition.
  7. JsChiSurf

Post [BETA][2017.10.01] SuperSU v2.82 SR5

Yes, I referenced this issue in this thread a week or so ago, but other than that, I'm not sure it had been brought to light, especially considering systemless root is relatively new. If by chance you have a system image available, just flash back over top your current system to restore to...
  8. JsChiSurf

If you're using Stericson's BusyBox, I found only the PRO version would write to a folder outside of /system.
  9. JsChiSurf

Post Anyone find any bumper, backless cases yet?

Looks like another example of the misuse of the term bumper, as this has a back panel as well :(
  10. JsChiSurf

Post ★ Post your Nexus 6P home screens ★

Just a direct edit to the PNGs in SystemUI, but I've since done away with it, as a compromise, in order to try / use systemless root.
  11. JsChiSurf

Ha, ha, you mean not everyone has a Nexus device ;) My narrow-sightedness showing there.
  12. JsChiSurf

Additionally, with systemless root, even if restoring from TWRP were problematic, it's just as easy to flash a stock system image anyway, as opposed to a TWRP restore. I'm rooted using the "systemless" option and have not modified /system in anyway, while still gaining the benefits of...
  13. JsChiSurf

Yes, I had brought this up a few days back, and chainfire had suggested installing to /su/bin, since it has adequate space and it part of the current PATH, meaning a custom location install won't require a modification to the ramdisk to add your own PATH. See Here...
  14. JsChiSurf

Post ★ Post your Nexus 6P home screens ★

Thanks! Nova Prime Launcher 9x5 Grid, No Padding, Allow Widget Overlapping Custom Zooper Clock Widget Using DINNextLTPro Font Custom Zooper Weather Widget Using Google Now Icon Pack Moonshine Icons & Wallpaper modified to my color scheme