• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Recent content by k4y0z

1. K

Post New Fire HD10 2019 Bootless Root Method + Bootloader Unlock Brainstorming

Then you killed the GPT and part of kb partition. Try running the gpt-fix.sh script in kamakiri to repair the GPT.
  2. K

Post [UNLOCK][ROOT][TWRP][UNBRICK] Fire TV Stick 4K (mantis)

Can you add a warning, that people who have installed this version at one point should refrain from installing any stock >= 6.2.8.0 if they want to keep their efuse?
  3. K

The latest kamakiri version that I posted somewhere here in this thread, should flash all the partitions, that can't be flashed using SPFT.
  4. K

Try selecting USB mode instead of Serial if you're on Windows. Also you won't be able to flash all of the partitions using SPFT, the ones that don't work will need to be flashed using kamakiri. You'll have to rerun the bypass after every action in SPFT.
  5. K

Post [MOD][DEV] MediaTek / MTK - Auth Bypass (SLA/DAA) - Utility

I was trying to help you. You keep ignoring the information I give you. Good luck, I'm done.
  6. K

There are few devices with no security, Amazon's aren't among them. Just for reference this is mustang: [2021-06-23 21:50:10.588856] Device hw code: 0x8163 [2021-06-23 21:50:10.588976] Device hw sub code: 0x8a00 [2021-06-23 21:50:10.589027] Device hw version: 0xcb00 [2021-06-23...
  7. K

Theoretically amonet could disable secure-boot just like bypass-utility does, it typically works by exploiting LK (and then modifying it in memory) though. It could probably also be modified to load a modified LK after LK has been exploited. I'm not familiar with the amonet-fork for m5c...
  8. K

:rolleyes: If it did start with preloader i.e. secure boot being disabled, you could simply flash a modified preloader and do whatever you want. That sounds like a lot of BS... DAA = Download Agent Authentication. Disabling it allows booting unsigned images, such as a generic DA, which has...
  9. K

No, it starts at bootrom. Which is precisely what the bypass-utility does. Using a generic DA also requires DAA to be disabled. SBC does not need to be disabled for SPFT, which is why the utility will only disable security if DAA or SLA are detected (unless you use the --force option)...
  10. K

The bypass utility can already disable all of these security featuers, so not sure what modification would be needed. You won't be able to boot a modified preloader with security enabled. Again, you won't be able to load a modified preloader with security enabled. You could probably use a...
  11. K

Any USB-UART adapter (ftdi) should work fine. If your device is fused (DL Mode disabled) then bypass cannot work either. Bypass disables DAA and SLA, which allows using generic download agent without authentication. To unbrick you'll probably have to access the EMMC directly using the...
  12. K

Post [UNLOCK][ROOT][TWRP][UNBRICK][DOWNGRADE] Fire 7 (ford and austin).

Yes, I would suggest you read the OP.
  13. K

Post [UNLOCK][ROOT][TWRP][UNBRICK][DOWNGRADE] Fire 7 (ford and austin).

Yes, it's all described in the OP.
  14. K

Not really sure what you're asking. As long as brom dl-mode isn't fused on your device, check this thread to recover: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/fire-7-2019-mustang-unbrick-downgrade-unlock-root.3944365/ Baudrates for UART are 115200 for bootrom and 921600 for the rest.
  15. K

Try using USB instead of UART and DON'T RUN the bypass-utility.