Recent content by kbs24

1. K

Post [WINDOWS][TOOL]Fire Toolbox V18.0

Today I used toolbox 13.1 with my Fired hd8 2015. I installed Nova launcher, then proceeded to use the first option (non-hijacker) to disable the Fire launcher. I then rebooted the fire and noticed I had lost my wifi. So I went into adb shell and typed in the command pm enable...
  2. K

Will there possibly be an update for the 2020 hd8? I just ordered one today......
  3. K

go back to Fire launcher? I was able to install and set as default the Evie launcher, but now I would like to go back to the Fire launcher. Can someone please tell me how to do that? I searched the thread but did not find anything.....thanks... ---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ----------...
  4. K

Post Remove lockscreen ads on Fire HD 8 (2018) FireOS 6 and up

I have a new fire tablet 7 2019 9th gen and I am trying to disable lockscreen ads with your method. Initially I got stuck in adb with a response that said that the mtk-su was not executable. So I started a new adb session and used the arm su (instead of 64) and this time got message "failed...
  5. K

Post [HOW-TO] Root BNTV450 Nook 7 (ST16C7BNN) using Magisk.

Okay I see now. But, I was so confused I started over. Got all the way through to opening MagiskManager, but there is no "install" button and no apparent way to ask to "patch boot image file". Fyi, my version of magisk is 16.4, and my MM version is 5.8.2. Is there something in "settings"...
  6. K

Post [HOW-TO] Root BNTV450 Nook 7 (ST16C7BNN) using Magisk.

failed at the test of (see below) "Code: adb shell [email protected]:/ $su [email protected]:/ #exit [email protected]:/ $exit If it worked, and you are ready to say goodbye to stock Non-root." This failed. Any help would be very appreciated. My version of magisk is 17.1, Manager is 5.8.2. It...
  7. K

Post [Nougat][Stock][Rom] TWRP Flashable Stock Builds

Yes I did a clean flash. However, just to update you, for the sake of just getting a workable phone up and running, I restored one of my twrp nougat backups. Even though the Amazon Photos and Dropbox apps are both not working, everything else is so I will sit on it for a while. Thanks for...
  8. K

Okay I decided to go back to Nougat. Only problem I seem to have is with notifications in the status bar. Most are not showing up. I'm getting notifications, but nothing shows up in status bar. I had also been using app Heads Up Notifications, and that is no longer working either. I have...
  9. K

Thanks I was afraid of that. I'll stay on Oreo for now. Only thing missing is working Xposed. Which is why I considered going back to Nougat. One further question however, just to be sure I understand correctly in case I do decide to downgrade to Nougat, the aroma zips will ask whether...
  10. K

flashing this nougat over your flashable oreo I have flashed your Oreo stock rom successully but I am considering going back to Nougat using your flashable. When I do that, can I flash without wiping? And if I don't wipe, will my data etc be intact when I reboot? I ask this because when I...
  11. K

Post xposed Issues Oreo

Any news on this issue? I just updated to 8.1 and would like to get xposed up and running like I had it on Nougat. Has there been any fixes yet to this. Thanks to anyone for a reply.
  12. K

Post [Oreo][Stock][Rom] TWRP Flashable Stock Builds

I would like to try to flash your 8.1 build over 7.0 build npn25.137-83, retus, rooted, with ElementalX-G5-2.02 kernel. Checked my persist using terminal emulator, everything appears okay. One thing I am unclear on, may have missed it, does root persist after this update? And I saw a paragraph...
  13. K

Post Disable OTA on the 2nd Gen Fire TV stick :

Confirm no ota disable on 5.2.6.6? All I want to do is disable system updates, because whenever the firestick 2nd gen has to reboot I lose my Live YoutubeTV and Crosswalk doesnt' work anymore it seems I have to do a reinstall of them. As I understand in this thread, there is nothing I can do...
  14. K

Post [Q&A/T] Amazon Fire 5th Gen [SuperTool] (Un/Official Help Thread for HD8/HD10)

Thanks. Well, yes it has been awhile. For sure. Honestly, I have given up. I let it update to 5.6.2. It's fine. I use it for reading and streaming, and the update was actually very nice., so I don't' really need root on it. MOving on to my next project, Lenovo tab 4 8 , got it cheap from...
  15. K

Post [Q&A/T] Amazon Fire 5th Gen [SuperTool] (Un/Official Help Thread for HD8/HD10)

Root Tool fails consistently please help I have a strange situation here. Two years ago I successfully rooted my hd8 KFMEWI on 5.1.1. A few days ago I had trouble with the Fire Launcher (I had it set up with both Apex launcher and then Fire Launcher as an activity shortcut), so I did a...