Recent content by KeithSJS

1. K

Post I give up - can anyone direct me to definitive information confirming whether and how to install Lineage on an A20e?

Thanks but... I have flashed ROMs before without allowing system modification in TWRP and they have been fine. I have just tried allowing it and (despite TWRP reporting that the zip was flashed succssfully) nothing, just the black screen. I don't believe this guide...
  2. K

Post I give up - can anyone direct me to definitive information confirming whether and how to install Lineage on an A20e?

I really appreciate the suggestion and it looks ideal in terms of what I'm after (the most stripped system possible) but I fear it might be another wormhole (I haven't flashed a kernel before and am familiar with TWRP and using zips) so I'm going to try and persevere with the custom recovery /...
  3. K

Thread I give up - can anyone direct me to definitive information confirming whether and how to install Lineage on an A20e?

I am exasperated having spent too much time trying options suggested on here that just don't work. I have an A20e and would like to install TWRP to flash a custom ROM (Lineage) without rooting. I have got as far as installing TWRP and flashing a ROM but it doesn't work. I don't want to waste...
  4. K

Post TWRP shows custom ROM flash successful but then nothing - any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks but: 1. After looking I can find no link to or mention of a Lineage Recovery for the A20e. 2. If TWRP is incompatible with Lineage then how come it's what 'everyone' uses?
  5. K

Post TWRP shows custom ROM flash successful but then nothing - any ideas or suggestions?

But how do I install the Lineage recovery (the same process as TWRP?) ? Where do I find Lineage recovery? What says this method will work when TWRP won't?
  6. K

Thread TWRP shows custom ROM flash successful but then nothing - any ideas or suggestions?

Hello, As the thread title suggests I have been able to install TWRP (on my A20e) and flash a custom ROM but when the phone reboots nothing happens, I get a black illuminated screen (as in the screen is obviously on) but it just sits there. I have waited and waited but nothing happens. I have...
  7. K

Post Question How to identify A12 binary if phone won't boot and download screen doesn't show it?

It did indeed work! Thanks for your help, really appreciated :)
  8. K

Thread Black screen after flashing ROM - what's the problem?

I installed TWRP (taken from here https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-twrp-and-root-for-a20e-a202f-updated.4384841/ ) I flashed Lineage 18 enforcing (taken from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/ports-for-a20e/files/Lineage/ ) TWRP confirms a successful flash, I reboot the phone and then there's...
  9. K

Post [Guide] TWRP and ROOT for A20e (A202f) [Updated]

But how? I have tried quickly pressing the right buttons to get to Recovery after flashing TWRP but that doesn't work and fastboot (I understand) doesn't work with Samsung devices.
  10. K

Post How to boot into Recovery from Download?

So maybe this is unbelievably obvious / simple for people and I am overlooking something basic but I can't see anywhere that clearly states how to boot into Recovery from Download mode (guides say something along the lines of 'boot into recovery after flashing to ensure TWRP isn't replaced' but...
  11. K

Post Question How to identify A12 binary if phone won't boot and download screen doesn't show it?

Great, that's really appreciated. So in theory this should work: https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-A127F/O2U/A127FXXU7BVI4
  12. K

Post How to boot into Recovery from Download?

Fastboot doesn't list the device when it's connected / I thought fastboot didn't work with Samsung?
  13. K

Thread How to boot into Recovery from Download?

Apparently this is really straightforward but it doesn't seem to be... I am trying to install TWRP and once it's flashed I understand you have to boot into recovery otherwise the stock ROM will replace TWRP with stock. I have tried (after successfully flashing TWRP with Odin) pressing volume...