Recent content by kennethso168

1. K

Post HTC U11 updates thread

No project treble support Finally got oreo update on my HK dual-sim variant A little bit disappointed to find that it doesn't support Project Treble using this method. Guess I have to put up with slow updates :(
  2. K

Post [APP][6.0+] SystemUI Tuner

Thanks for the suggestion. But the system tuner can remove the battery icon too. And I don't prefer centered clock. With this app my status bar is already in good shape.
  3. K

Post [APP][6.0+] SystemUI Tuner

Thank you! Works on my HTC u11 Your app helped me to declutter my status bar! The app works for blacklisting most system icons. However, I can't hide the VoLTE icon which is the worst offender. (I already lower the "display size"/dpi. In pure stock condition it is even worse and system icons...
  4. K

Post [ROM][6P][7.1.2_r27][NZH54B][July 15th]SAOSP-N

Thanks for the update. Will see if the wakelock is really fixed. One obvious but small problem though. The SuperSU option in settings will cause FC if SuperSU isn't installed (I'm using Magisk+phh's superuser) That doesn't bother me. Just wanna let you know. lol
  5. K

After repeated testing, I can conclude that the wakelock can be squashed by force stopping Google Play Service(GPS) every time after boot. When updating GPS to a newer version, GPS will be stopped and so the wakelock problem will be solved temporarily. However it will just come back after...
  6. K

Unfortunately, the dreaded "CmaSystemUpdateService" came back after I re-enabled backup and uninstalled "Disable SystemUpdateService". Now need to figure out the exact cause...
  7. K

The newest Google Play Service (9.6.83) seems to have fixed the "CmaSystemUpdateService" wakelock. Now my device seemed to sleep well overnight without constantly being woken I have done some other things (e.g. disabling backup, installing "Disable SystemUpdateService" from Google Play) but I...
  8. K

Post Advanced Power Menu+ (APM+)

In the meantime, I've downloaded and decompiled the ROM you are using. I think I have an idea for the problem ("its not overriding the stock large button power menu" - do you mean that it's not overriding the "circle" icons?) This is the AOSP power icon: (The original icon has transparent...
  9. K

Thank you for your logs. I can see that my mod has some difficulty replacing the icons (or more precisely resources) in the logs. I'd like to ask you a few more questions though: 1. Can you take a screenshot of the power menu? (to take a screenshot press power+volume down or power+home button at...
  10. K

I'm sorry to hear about that. Even though currently I'm not maintaining the mod anymore, I can still make some guess concerning your condition. It seems that the problem is due to Samsung's own modification because the modules runs fine on AOSP Marshmallow. (Every ROM can be different and it's a...
  11. K

Done. And thanks for your suggestion. Hopefully it's obvious enough...
  12. K

Hi original dev here. You're not right because actually I'm still keeping this thread subscribed. I don't close this thread because I don't feel the need to do so. I'll just keep it as is. Frankly speaking, I've become so disinterested in the module that I don't have any feeling or opinion about...
  13. K

Hi all, It has been a long time I've posted nothing here. Up till now I don't have any time nor any interest in maintaining the module. The project is dead. Period. Sorry for all of you guys. I would also like to express my heartfelt gratitude towards Adam3Sixty. You've maintained the thread as...
  14. K

Post Releasing a Paid App on Google Play Store -- Tax?

Well this is Google's official recommendation. But I don't really know if a tax advisor will help, because I jumped in before finding one.
  15. K

Post Releasing a Paid App on Google Play Store -- Tax?

Just like to add something here. Google in general takes a "it's up to you" approach when it comes to taxes. That is, you are supposed to determine whether anything is taxable, and remit them by yourself if it is. I heard some countries have a sales tax/VAT that's applicable even you don't have...