1. K

Post Privacy & Tech Giants

Shocking! :eek::geek:
  2. K

What happens...??
  3. K

I read all your links with great interest (as usual), thanks. Just adding that sometimes you can be "right" in stating technicalities correctly - but the way they're put into a larger picture can be lacking of facts and actual historical context (easily available context that is, nothing exotic...
  4. K

Post How to access files in Android 6.0 "Downloads"

Please stay on topic. Thank you
  5. K

Mod Edit: Some content removed. Anyway, back to topic! :coffee: Question: Considering all the bundled malware on this device, can the files be accessed at all? Do I need to root it? Is it possible to somehow "sanitize" it? And is it even safe to connect it via USB to e.g. my laptop or server?
  6. K

Mod Edit: Some content removed. Anyway...as you see, it's not always possible to completely ignore the political dimension when discussing INFOSEC. But to get back on topic: I think the information from Droidriven and OldNoobOne are complementary and spot-on: 1.) The "stock" Android version...
  7. K

May I ask where you are from?
  8. K

That's actually not a bad idea...to keep the device as "stateless" as possible and to store all user data on a separate storage. This would, at least, minimize data loss in the event of technical issues with the device...I think I will try this
  9. K

Samsung also? Do you have an example? I mean except the fact that they have to use ARM CPUs and other "third-party" components which renders their chipsets wide-open to whatever vulnerabilities our governments decide to design into the processors... User data is not the "new" oil - your village...
  10. K

"Vulnerability by Design in Mobile Network Security"
  11. K

Uhm...by the way, how hard is it to actually set up some Chineeese server? Can't you just ask a friend or student there to set up a PC for you somewhere? If Google does it, it's fine, but as soon as that server (or maybe just the first relay node) is located somewhere in China, it's...
  12. K

However...Alcatel, which is supposed to be "French", is owned by Nokia, which is "Swedish". And some sources say it's unlikely that TCL (the Chinese manufacturer) is involved, rather, some app developers "got hacked"...but how likely is that. Sounds more like a European false-flag thing?
  13. K

The "File Manager" is listed there as well. And I thought that this phone was behaving strange...random reboots and the connection is always slow and showing "E" despite having an LTE contract (maybe to hide traffic that is constantly eating through my monthly data quota?).
  14. K

https://www.gadgetguy.com.au/tcl-and-alcatel-direct-links-to-massive-spyware-operation/ Oh no...oh no... What do I do??
  15. K

I just briefly checked some screenshots online of stock Alcatel PIXI 4s...and I cannot find this "File Manager" anywhere. :oops: So maybe it isn't stock software after all? However, I found this app at APKMirror...