• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by KevinX8

1. KevinX8

Post [APP][MOD][ROOT/NONROOT] YouTube Vanced Edition

- Update to 15.33.34 - New root installation implementation no need for signature disabling (Thanks to Koopah /zoran and ZaneZam ). - New stripped Vanced microG available via manager. - New sponsor Block implementation. (thanks to jakubweg) - ALPHA comment sections placement. - vanced settings...
  2. KevinX8

New root method for anyone that wants to try, it will be implemented in next vanced manager update: 0. Install stock YouTube of same version as vanced as app update (not system app) 1. Copy vanced base.apk (this can be gotten from our mediafire mirror under 15.05.54/ROOT/Theme and picking one...
  3. KevinX8

Post [Wear OS App] Enable Google Pay in unsupported countries using Permanent Proxy!

It means your proxy isn't working anymore, I have the same issue, my French proxy is no longer fooling wear os pay and even using a VPN on my phone no longer works, it seems Google has found a way to bypass this on atleast my device.
  4. KevinX8

Manager doesn't qualify for fdroid rules as fdroid forbids any apps which download closed source code (ie vanced) unless I'm misunderstanding this. The app updates itself anyways not really any need to have it there.
  5. KevinX8

Thread [REQUEST] Bypass OxygenOS HDR forced DP3 mode

On my OnePlus 8 pro I like to use the amoled wide gamut mode as every other mode on the phone gives a washed out look compared to my other devices, it is slightly oversaturated but it's much better looking than sRGB and Display P3 modes. However whenever I watch HDR content the display is forced...
  6. KevinX8

It's mostly for installing all the stuff required for vanced easily and in the correct order, delivering the files as apks files was very dirty and required using a third party tool that didn't give sufficient warning for root users etc. As we now have full control over what warnings you get it...
  7. KevinX8

It also supports adding custom repos, but as I mentioned earlier we are not able to have one as there is no split APK support which vanced is.
  8. KevinX8

We would use fdroid if it actually supported split apks but unfortunately it does not and they seem to have no plans to add support any time soon, this was the main reason for creating the app, a total lack of split APK support on almost every platform.
  9. KevinX8

Vanced manager now released! Can be found on the website https://vanced.app and GitHub https://github.com/YTVanced/VancedManager/releases
  10. KevinX8

Post can a patched switch be reverted to original firmware

If you don't burn the efuses then yes you can restore the backup and it would boot which would mean never updating ofw and only updating emunand with fuse burn prevention on.
  11. KevinX8

Post [MODULE] Smali Patcher 7.4

The magisk module is discontinued and based on previous version 14.21 which does not require signature verification disabled to install, the latest one is on our website on https://Vanced.app
  12. KevinX8

That method only worked for apps signed with v1 and YouTube is now signed with V3 and also yeah split apks are properly verified for signature Aswell.
  13. KevinX8

Post [Magisk]Youtube Vanced [Official]

Sad to announce this but YouTube has reached a stage where it seems impossible to create a magisk module out of the root apk so it's with great sadness that we must discontinue the magisk module as it serves no purpose anymore, for instructions on how to install the updated root version you can...
  14. KevinX8

Post [ROM][10.0][BERYLLIUM] Havoc-OS-3.x [OFFICIAL]

Encryption is confirmed not to be working by maintanor, if your storage is encrypted DO NOT FLASH until a new build is released with working encryption!
  15. KevinX8

Post [ROM][OFFICIAL][10.0][Beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/11/22]

But you can patch the boot image using magisk manager? You don't even need twrp to install magisk. This also definitely will not fix magisks inability to handle the new mounts