Recent content by kgs1992

1. kgs1992

Post [ROOT] Aether: Substratum mods for Oxygen OS

I have Flux overlays enabled. Will that cause conflict? EDIT: Disabled all system UI overlays and enabled the hide disabled SIM overlay. SystemUI goes into crash loop. So i dont think this is a conflict
  2. kgs1992

Tried it out. Uninstalled the old overlay. Rebooted. Installed new overlay. Rebooted. Then enabled the overlay. Running into the same issue. Stack trace: 10-21 11:35:52.382 22227 22227 E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main 10-21 11:35:52.382 22227 22227 E AndroidRuntime: Process...
  3. kgs1992

Here's the trace 10-20 12:50:07.480 30524 30524 E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main 10-20 12:50:07.480 30524 30524 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.android.systemui, PID: 30524 10-20 12:50:07.480 30524 30524 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method...
  4. kgs1992

Enabling the "Hide Disabled SIM" overlay sends system UI into crash loop. Had to manually disable it through adb shell cmd overlay disable com.android.systemui.headers.Aether.Hide_disabled_sim_icon
  5. kgs1992

Post I am stuck on twrp and cant boot up [SUPER STRESSED PLS HELP!!!]

I don't understand why people flash a custom recovery at all. Pretty much all of the installation is done through magisk, why flash the recovery partition at all and risk getting into a mess? Sorry for OT though.
  6. kgs1992

Post Root OOS 10.0.1

You're using the wrong twrp image. You have to use the one for android q. Unofficial build of twrp for android q is available on the development section. Get that image, fastboot boot twrp.img and then install magisk 20. You don't need to install the twrp zip. You can just boot the image from...
  7. kgs1992

Post [SOLVED] Google Play Services battery drain post OOS 10 update

I've attempted a bunch of fixes, one of which has fixed this issue, at least so far. 1. Opted in to beta and updated to latest beta Play Services. 2. Installed GMS Doze magisk module 3. Moved apps (particularly my launcher, Hyperion) from battery optimisation Intelligent Control to Optimise. Not...
  8. kgs1992

Post Help me please, My oneplus 7 pro not booting

Vol up + power button, hold it for about 15 seconds wile on the bootloader unlocked message, it should reboot normally
  9. kgs1992

Post I am stuck on twrp and cant boot up [SUPER STRESSED PLS HELP!!!]

I think it's best you flash a fastboot ROM since you have already lost all your data. https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/rom-stock-fastboot-roms-oneplus-7-pro-t3931424 Calm down, have a cup of coffee, charge your phone for a bit and then follow this guide. Good luck. EDIT...
  10. kgs1992

Post Messed up upgrading to 10.0.1

You can always simply boot twrp.img without flashing. (Just make sure you use the right image matching the currently installed android version) I would consider it much safer to flash magisk with twrp and let it patch the boot image rather than downloading a boot image that someone else patched...
  11. kgs1992

No problem. This was due to boot.img mismatch with system. I'd recommend staying away from downloading and flashing patched images. There's a thread here that explains how to update without losing root, always follow those steps...
  12. kgs1992

I'll try this. But it seems like play services is never in the background, all of its battery use seems to be while the device is in use
  13. kgs1992

Seems like Google Play Services is just hogging all my battery even after OOS 10.0.1 update. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?
  14. kgs1992

Reflash 10.0.1 with the system Updater in settings using local upgrade option. Use Oxygen Updater to re-download if you removed the file. Then through fastboot, boot up twrp (fastboot boot twrp.img) and flash magisk. Unofficial TWRP for Android Q is available in the development forum.
  15. kgs1992

Thread [SOLVED] Google Play Services battery drain post OOS 10 update

Since updating to Android 10 (OxygenOS 10.0.GM21AA) through Oxygen Updater, I've been having heavy battery drain from Google Play Services. It's top on the battery usage and I've seen anywhere from 10-25% Things I've tried: - Opt-in for Google Play Services beta (Curr. Ver: v19.4.19) - Checked...