• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by khaosxiii

1. khaosxiii

Post Could not remount /System

mount -o rw, remount /
  2. khaosxiii

Post [ROM] [11.0.0] [polaris] ArrowOS 11.0 [OFFICIAL] [WEEKLY]

Confirmed - having this issue on clean flash w. latest twrp ... you can skip setup, but even going back to it later it's the same issue Black Screen as OP described. Downloading the non-GAPPS version now to see if I can get through setup ... Been using ArrowOS October2020 for daily since then...
  3. khaosxiii

Yeap - Thanks - if there's a way to decrypt in TWRP plz let me know (I can certainty clear data and copy the rom over via MTP and flash again - junt not sure how to decrypt permanently from TWRP or if there is a way without flashing another stock ROM) I think my issue is actually somehow...
  4. khaosxiii

Tried to flash this while still encrypted ... hitting reboot loop - forever loading of arrow logo (could be because I am on M1803D5XE and not Intntl Version Too?) What's the best way to permanently unencrypt via TWPR nowadays? Do I have to install Arrow 10 and then unenecrypt from there? A++...
  5. khaosxiii

Post Paranoid Android Quartz 5 - Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S

No - will try debloat package suggested after this
  6. khaosxiii

Post Paranoid Android Quartz 5 - Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S

Looks good ... but wasn't the original purpose of Paranoid Android to avoid some of the more invasive Android Apps? (Looks like everything is included here). Is there a way to remove Google Search from the Home/Screen/Launcher? I don't want to use it at all.
  7. khaosxiii

Post c.mi.com X-Post Accidentally performed MiFlash w/ Lock from CN Device to Global ROM

Yes - EDL Trumps any hacks/workarounds possible as the issue is inherently that a Global ROM will not boot on a locked CN Phone - AND you can't flash a CN ROM ontop of a Global ROM AND you can't unlock the phone again if you have cleared cache/etc. from some other failure (and why you are doing...
  8. khaosxiii

Post c.mi.com X-Post Accidentally performed MiFlash w/ Lock from CN Device to Global ROM

Thank you for the link - checked out everything there. I actually put these elf files in my images directory and played around w/ test point flashing ... I was never successful, but there was some interesting behavior in the tool as if this could work (possibly on the device it is designed...
  9. khaosxiii

Post [GUIDE][MI A2 / MI 6X] How to unbrick from ARB (EDL state)

Started checking out these patched Programmer files for Xiaomi Mix 2S as I am currently stuck on M1803D5XE (CN Model)- Err: "This MUI Version cannot be installed on this device" with locked bootloader ... Posted about it here...
  10. khaosxiii

Looks like there is more auth then I thought - I went ahead and disconnected my internet completely to find out that I'm only passing the initial MD5 hash locally ... and then there is additional auth after that .. . It's an interesting theory though - maybe someone is willing to help out ...
  11. khaosxiii

Update: Proof of concept Complete and Successful: ================================= Record Server Response: =================== -Downloaded ROM which is able to be flashed w/ XiaomiADB.exe - in this example: miui_MIMIX2SGlobal_V10.3.5.0.PDGMIXM_640d089ad0_9.0.zip This ROM: Passed MD5 Hash...
  12. khaosxiii

Still messing around w/ this ... so far: This is what a Successful Response looks like: This is what a Failed Response looks like: Invoke Web Request w/ the same Post string: To me this looks like the same response to the same POST Request, made at a totally different time (from...
  13. khaosxiii

General Problem Statement: Users that have a CN handset, purchase it unlocked; and accidentally lock it while installing a Global ROM (via the default option presented in MiFlash.exe flash_all_lock.bat) receive the error when attempting to boot their device and are bricked: This MIUI...
  14. khaosxiii

No help at all huh ... Been trying XiaomiADB.exe today ... overall very impressed - I am wondering how the auth works ... Since I can successfully flash a Global ROM and then just can't boot = Error: This MIUI Version can't be installed on this device, even though the side-load/flash is...
  15. khaosxiii

Thread c.mi.com X-Post Accidentally performed MiFlash w/ Lock from CN Device to Global ROM

Title says it all... I purchased a CN version Mi Mix 2s (M1803D5XE - shipped unlocked w/ Global ROM) and didn't even realize it until I had some Magisk Errors and then later accidentally flashed in Fastboot w/ the option to re-lock the phone (default MiFlash Option). Once you relock a CN...