Recent content by kholk

1. K

Post [ROM][XC][P][9.0][WEEKLY]OmniROM

Hello everyone! Obi brought to attention this issue, for which I had already done a preliminary fix by solving a pinctrl mess, since the emerging issue was actually a total loss of power on the entire slimbus. pauliusval99 Thanks to your logs, I have been able to locate a second (and - this...
  2. K

Post [ROM][XZ][O][8.1][WEEKLY]OmniROM

Dear efinityy First of all, I understand your frustration around the Tone platform: it wasn't in a good shape on k3.18 and it's not in a good shape on k4.4 either, and we had a discussion about it recently. Then, I want you to be aware that most of us are doing this in our free time without...
  3. K

Post [DISCONTINUED][ROM][8.0.0][F8332] AOSP Oreo Build by Rudy

Hey! I'm the one who developed the RQBalance-PowerHAL. Yes you are absolutely right, the logic for what you explained is missing.... actually, the PowerHAL is not finished yet: 1. Some optimizations are still missing 2. Support for timed optimizations has been pushed, but this has to be used...
  4. K

Post [MOD] Change Default Resolution to 4k - No root needed!

The first step you wrote is the one that makes it "feel better" :) :) :)
  5. K

Obviously, downscaling is better than upscaling, speaking of image quality.
  6. K

Post [RECOVERY][maple]TWRP for the Xperia XZ Premium

Everyone HAS to upgrade to V3 as soon as possible! The previous versions are really dangerous and can hard brick your device!
  7. K

Post [Alpha 1] AOSP XZ Premium

I am using AOSP for daily use since ... at least 3 weeks. I love it. Now we also have 4k and 1080p@120fps support ;)
  8. K

Post [Alpha 1] AOSP XZ Premium

Sync your sources, since at least 3 weeks, on Open Devices we have fixed: - Camera - Sound in call - A lot more :) :)
  9. K

tanipat Open Devices is almost ready for it. I have just pushed the required kernel support and the updates for display hal and the extendedsettings app. Check it out at the official Open Devices GIT @ github.com/sonyxperiadev
  10. K

You can do the same also on your Z1, Z2, Z3, Z4 Tablet, Z5, Z5 Compact ..... and on your crapold device, because this is not changing the display resolution :) Seriously guys..... this is changing the resolution of the VIRTUAL display (not the physical one), so like this you are getting 4k...
  11. K

Post [DEV-ONLY][Z1-Z3][3.10 kernel][MSM8974/SD800-1] Custom ROM development

We should clarify the meaning of the word "progress". About 3.4 vs 3.10 .... when I ported the first 3.10 kernel to MSM8974 (I was using Honami at that time), Xperia Z3+, Z4 Tablet and Z5 (MSM8994 devices in general) didn't even exist... but: - First of all, Xperia Z5 didn't need 1.3.3 kernel...
  12. K

Post [ROM][6.0.1][EOL] CyanogenMod 13 | Development & Discussion | 17/11/2016

.....Not really. Our ideal is to have working AND CLEAN code. If by saying "against the sonyxperiadev ideals" you mean what I said, then .. yes. Hacks are always bad, but it depends on how are they implemented and, well, sometimes they are required to get a final, working and clean, piece of...
  13. K

Post [Sony] Xperia Open Devices Project

Actually, the camera have been released like it is because it's meant as a preview for developers, like you can read on the official blog post. Download and see what you can find in there, the compare it with Sony stock ROMs. If you are an experienced developer, you will understand how much work...
  14. K

Post Qc- 2.0 HACK [ charge your z2 from empty to 100% in 120 minutes]

You, as an electrical engineer, should know that reading the datasheet is the first thing that HAS to be done. Take my words as a computer engineer.