Recent content by kiden

1. kiden

Post Camera2 API on the Moto Z2 Play

Junior, My Z2P shows only Legacy support, and I am on the newest October security patch that I flashed from the motozbrasil links. I wonder why your phone has better support? What version of the OS are you running?
  2. kiden

Post Z2 Play or X⁴?

Hey man, Moto Actions, Voice, and Display are all present on the Z2P. The big difference that you need to think about is that the X4 is 5.2 IPS, has a dual camera and no mods. Meanwhile the Z2P is 5.5 AMOLED, single camera, and you can use mods.
  3. kiden

Post Why no development or custom roms for this device

It has only been the Verizon version up until recently. In a few months as more people buy and developers buy, you'll see more activity here.
  4. kiden

Post How to manually update Moto Z2P to NPS26.118-19 (August Security Patch)

I had no problem flashing with a locked bootloader. Didn't even have to wipe. What error did you get when you tried to flash?
  5. kiden

Thread How to manually update Moto Z2P to NPS26.118-19 (August Security Patch)

Hello all! So I got tired of waiting for the latest update to hit my phone so I figured I would do it manually. After plenty of experience with Moto phones I gathered that the official RETAIL files should work with all of the GSM versions of the Moto Z2 Play. This is confirmed to work with both...
  6. kiden

Post [EOL][ROM][7.1.2_r36][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 14.1 [08 Sep 2019]

Oh wow, I had noticed that animations were being a bit laggy, but I had not thought of this. I get a marked improvement in UI smoothness disabling live display, thanks!
  7. kiden

Post [KERNEL][3.10.108][Dec 01] Vegito 7.1/7.05 (Moto G4/G4 Plus)

Thanks for the insight! I appreciate it. I run Lineage OS Official lately so it sounds like not much need for a custom kernel, but I am willing to try something new!
  8. kiden

Post [KERNEL][3.10.108][Dec 01] Vegito 7.1/7.05 (Moto G4/G4 Plus)

1chrome, do you use this kernel? Any thoughts vs ElementalX? Mostly interested how well thunderplug works, I have noticed that Stock and EX do not hotplug at all.
  9. kiden

Post [Discontinued][ROM][InvictaOS v4.15][XT16xx][MotoG4/Plus][7.1.2_r29][11-17-17]

Oooo. So excited for this! Would love to see some beautiful custom material goodness for this! And yeah the clean-ness of this rom reminds me of the prime days of Paranoid Android on my Nexus 5.
  10. kiden

Post [KERNEL] [March 21] ElementalX G4/G4 Plus 3.01 (Oreo)

Yes that's expected behavior. Those settings will override whatever you do in the ROM. So if you want to manage fingerprint gestures/presses in the ROM, don't enable anything like that in the kernel. If you want a ROM that lets you configure the fingerprint sensor however you like, try...
  11. kiden

Post [KERNEL] [March 21] ElementalX G4/G4 Plus 3.01 (Oreo)

Thank you for the fix! You rock man.
  12. kiden

Post [Discontinued][ROM][InvictaOS v4.15][XT16xx][MotoG4/Plus][7.1.2_r29][11-17-17]

Silesh.Nair Flashed the latest LOS-OMS last night, and its running great. You rock man. This is such a clean, lean custom build of LOS. I appreciate the Pixel theme and Moto Actions settings.