K
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Device inventory Achievements About

• Hello, I am trying to set up root and when I was following this step: Type the following into Telnet (these commands will give you root access easier in the future):
    mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    cd sdcard
    flash_image recovery recovery.img
    cat recovery.img > /system/recovery.img

I got a message that says : cannot create /system/recovery.img: read-only file system##

I checked my spelling and everything was entered correctly.

Can you please help?
    Thanks!!
    Deanna
    Hey. I was reading your thread on how to root your HTC G1 phone, and I hooked it up to my computer and went to right click and select FORMAT, and it disconnected me and it said "there is no disk in drive g:" and then my phone made a noise. If I keep hitting "Mount" on the phone and trying to go to format on the computer, it keeps doing that and disconnecting me. I went to my phone stats to see what I'm running and it says Firmware 1.5 and Build Number is CRC1

Can you please help me out??
    Hi, first thanks for the tutorials, now to a question i have. I have searched a lot (english is not my first language) and i want to know if, for example, i am already on JF 1.51 build and i want to change to Cyanogen, i just flash the rom? or do i have to do someting else? thanks in advance!
    Hi Koush,

I have followed the instructions till 4. Hold Camera button, and press Power button to entry bootloader mode. You should see a gray/white screen with instructions to flash your phone with the update on your SD card. If you don't see that, make sure you followed the instructions properly.

My Dream went into the gray/white screen but after a while it shows Not Allow and goes back to the Multicolour screen.

If anyone can email me with some help would be great.
    [email protected]

Regards
    Hi Koush,

First, thank you so much for your contributions.
    I'm just wondering why my norton partition won't recognize my micro sdcard.
    All I want to do is partition it so I can finally follow your procedure to put apps
    onto the sdcard. Please, I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks so much! tc

if someone can please email me with some help, that would be awesome!

[email protected]
    what do i do help help help can anyone point me the right way to do this from rc29 us version were do i go i have been messing with this thing for 6 hours im ready to throw the g1

email me please i dont know the next day i will get off work 7 a week

[email protected]:(:(:(:(
    i have a Q i just put Rc 29 back on my phone from rc 33 and i have to tell u i dont see much of defference i want to root the phone but i can not seem to comprehend it i have been here all day on the pc and cant get it right i have not messed up the phone and i dont plan to but i want to get this right can u point me the right way and help me out thanks for your time koush
    hi... i am making one application which has to use frame buffer. could you please tell me how to read that? we need any extra permission for reading frame buffer? please help.. thanks
    Hi, i'm a french google phone user, and i'd like to go root, but i just have a question :

Once i will have root with JF mod version, will i be able to receive the imminent cupcake or able to get back to my original version of my G1 (before downgrading and applying the JF mod version) ?

Thx for your answer and time.
    hello koush is there any way u can make a step by step guide for dumb people such as myself..for installin the rotating browser...i put the file on the sdcard..and i ran all comands but the last push says no file in directory..please help
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…