Recent content by KronicSkillz

1. KronicSkillz

Post Guide LG G8/G8x/v50 Bootloader Unlock and Magisk Root using Firehose

I'm debating if I wanna try this, what's the advantage to having root these days? I've rooted a bunch of phones years ago but seems like there is no good custom roms available and the stock firmware is way better than it used to be so I don't even know what the point of risking a brick would be.
  2. KronicSkillz

I highly doubt you can upgrade and keep root, best way might be to flash back to stock, upgrade and then re-root but I doubt it's worth it what's even in the update?
  3. KronicSkillz

Has anyone tried this with the G820UM (Canadian version, bought from Bell) ? Is it the same as Verizon with a different rom?
  4. KronicSkillz

Post Bluetooth Dual Audio?

I'm actually looking into this right now and ran into it in a video about bluetooth 5.0. It's actually a bluetooth 5.0 feature. The G8 has bluetooth 5.0 so it should be possibly but it's probably limited by the software. I'm not sure if it would be possible to enable though (by a 3rd party app)...
  5. KronicSkillz

Thread Popular modable phones/tablets? Been away for a while.

I've been using an LG G8 for almost 2 years and I miss twrp, custom roms and having full control. I'm thinking about buying a 200ish dollar device or maybe a little more that's got a reliable root and twrp install so I can install custom roms and do w/e I want on it. I've been away from the...
  6. KronicSkillz

Anyone try on Canadian models? LG 820UM
  7. KronicSkillz

Post MBTD - Premium Themes - Support, Communication & Feedback

And they also make you agree to all kinds of nonsense if you try downloading a free theme on LG smart world... it's nuts. On the bright side the built in dark theme is alot better. ---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ---------- Can we get verification...
  8. KronicSkillz

Post Phone update status?

I recommend everyone having trouble with updates to go to the LG website and download "LG Bridge". install usb drivers plug it in and go to software update and see if it finds anything. I literally searched for android 10 update via FOTA 2 minutes before trying on LG Bridge and it found nothing...
  9. KronicSkillz

Post Android 10 for the Canadian version is now live

How? What carrier are you? ---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ---------- Nevermind I figured it out. I tried OTA like I have been almost every day and it had no update, but I downloaded LG bridge and got the update. Thanks for the tip man. I'm on Bell...
  10. KronicSkillz

Post Tutorial to update an LG G8 AT&T

I think I misunderstood the OP. I think they are getting the update on a phone that has no current service. It didn't make sense to me either.
  11. KronicSkillz

the phone is the same model, that's the concept of the OP. to install update on same model with diff provider... I think it's clear at this point you are answering questions to which you don't know the answer.
  12. KronicSkillz

What does it install then? Does bell even have the firmware ready if they aren't pushing it out?
  13. KronicSkillz

So I take it this will install the AT&T ROM? Has anyone tried this with Bell Canada model?
  14. KronicSkillz

Post Can you make the google assistant button do other things?

The problem is it calls a specific app, I found an app on xda for remapping the assistant button but what it does is change itself to the default assistant, then automatically does whatever you set it to do instead of launching itself when you call the default assistant. However Samsung and LG...