Recent content by l3v5y

1. l3v5y

Post [Q] Windows 8 on existing tablets.

It is, until they finish of portrait. It will support both, and with a newer sensors/devices API.
  2. l3v5y

Does the metro interface extend between the screens? Screen orientation is a tricky one, the developer build doesn't really do screen rotations at all!
  3. l3v5y

At this stage no, and in future, probably quite unlikely.
  4. l3v5y

Windows 8 has changes to the sensors API that breaks pretty much all accelerometer drivers and anything using the Sensors API from Vista/7. Don't expect rotation/accelerometers to work without some effort or the OEM producing drivers.
  5. l3v5y

Post [Q] Brightness Control

From my understanding, the sensors API and the way OS behaves broke compatibility with the W7/Vista Sensors API, things like brightness sensors and accelerometer drivers need to be rewritten to (properly) support Windows 8, and that will require hardware makers to either do it, or release the specs.
  6. l3v5y

Post Does windows 8 support portrait mode on tablet

At the moment it does only support landscape... It also breaks accelerometers in current devices (EP121s for example). I think landscape will be coming in future versions, but for moment it's not there.
  7. l3v5y

There aren't any low cost Android tablets that will definitely run Windows 8... Windows 8 will support the ARM architecture that Android tablets primarily use, but the additional hardware needed isn't set in stone yet, so there's no guarantee that'll work.
  8. l3v5y

Post [Updated 2/7/2011]Tom XAP Installer v1.2 with multiple xaps install support

It's Microsofts development tools for WP7 apps, and can be found here
  9. l3v5y

Post [WP7DT] RemoteExecute

As of yet, nothing that works...
  10. l3v5y

Post [Q] Outlook sync with HTC 7 Pro

As far as I'm aware, those issues are still present in WP7.5. You might have better luck using a GMail account for your contacts, I'm using one and it didn't have any issues with my email-less contacts, though I agree it's silly there's no direct Outlook-WP7 syncing.
  11. l3v5y

The accelerometer driver for the EP121 doesn't work, which makes me think the framework has changed, but Windows 7 brought the Sensor and Location APIs (here and here) which open up a whole world of possible (and portable) apps, though very few exist at the moment.
  12. l3v5y

Post [Q] Prevention of pirated apps question

Without having a "is WMAppPRHeader.xml" present, if not "enter password" type setup, it won't be possible to have apps that work and pass certification. With the password part, you can add a tester note in the submission forms with a password/method for installing that should get checked. The...
  13. l3v5y

Post [Q] What is the Mysterious UIX framework Used by WP7?

AFAIK, Iris/UIX is the entire User Interface framework used by WP7 native applications. It uses an XAML-like (XML) based markup language, but is native code rather than .Net. All the in built applications are native, and use Iris. The .Net based WP7 libraries are emulating the look and feel of...
  14. l3v5y

Post ChevronWP7 Unlocker & Cert download - *here* + video tutorial

Any chance you could give more information? What "crashing" happens? Is there an error message? Do you have the WP7 Developer Tools installed?
  15. l3v5y

Post [RADIO] The HTC HD2 Master Radio Thread

Make sure you're using a RUU that doesn't do a hard reset (CustomRUU shouldn't) after flashing, as this will affect MAGLDR I think.