Recent content by linuxteddy

1. linuxteddy

Post [ROM][13][XZ2C][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 20.0

I'm sure I do. I managed to flash the boot.img, but later I failed to boot into the recovery, and from then things went rather southwards. With the same tools I already installed successfully another device of the same type. Now I try this one because the main microphone of the other device is...
  2. linuxteddy

Today indeed I tried again, and after some cycles, the LED stayed blue. "fastboot devices" returned with a result. But other than before, the "fastboot flash boot boot.img" does not return for a long time, neither with success nor error message. Should and can I somehow reset the device? At...
  3. linuxteddy

Hi, I have a new problem: Trying to fix my mic problem simply by fetching another device an installing LOS, I already reached the step of installing the recovery with "fastboot flash boot boot.img". But trying to boot into the recovery I possibly somehow selected a different menu item and the...
  4. linuxteddy

Hi, I have the same problem. I also found people complaining about the mic, check Microphone not working on calls, only whith speaker mode. In that thread I read that a guy experienced in repairing broke several displays, and therefore I thought about a different approach: assign the working...
  5. linuxteddy

Thread Howto make secondary mic the main one?

Hi, I'm not requesting a ROM for my device, because there is one: Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact. But I'm having a problem with the main microphone: it appears to be broken. Such was discussed here: Microphone not working on calls, only whith speaker mode It appears to be necessary to repair the...
  6. linuxteddy

Post Microphone not working on calls, only whith speaker mode

Thank you @zpunout for your honesty. I did not find a decent Magisk modules repo to browse through and search such a thing doing micro trickery. The modules are obviously often or mostly device dependend. Even here on XDA in the Magisk area I didn't find anything. If somebody could give me a...
  7. linuxteddy

Post Microphone not working on calls, only whith speaker mode

Hi all, I have the same problem with the phone of my girlfriend. The reply of @zpunout is enlightening, but not very encouraging. I checked some hardware information about the phone and found out that the two micros (the "main" and the "second") are located opposite at the far ends of the phone...
  8. linuxteddy

Post [EOL][ROM][12L][STOCK] Awaken OS 2.x [UNOFFICIAL]

No, it's not, I was not sure at the time I asked how to do it. The Magisk.apk can be sideloaded (which installs the app and patches the boot.img), and the camera app from @dtrunk90 is a Magisk module that must be installed from the Magisk app.
  9. linuxteddy

Post [EOL][ROM][12L][XZ2C][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1

As I understood the slow motion is (almost?) the only thing that does not work with his Magisk module camera. But that would be 120fps. I also read about the "predictive capture" feature of the camera, but don't find that somewhere in the settings.
  10. linuxteddy

I'm sorry, I'm used to TWRP. I already "installed" the Magsik apk, but did not know that "sideloading" it contains the whole process of patching the bootloader. That was easy, I will keep that in mind.
  11. linuxteddy

That would be great. For the other option you mentioned (Magisk with your camera module) I would need the boot.img of this ROM. Can somebody link a howto for that? The LOS ships with a big .bin file.
  12. linuxteddy

Ok, that means I don't see ghosts here. I'm relieved. To confirm I understood correctly: The fact that the photos don't have full resolution although selected in the camera settings, is a matter that can probably be fixed?
  13. linuxteddy

Thanks for answering and looking into the log. I indeed can also go to the camera settings and select the 19MP, but the photo taken with that setting results to be of a resolution 2160x2880. Furthermore, I read somewhere the flash only flashes after the photo is taken, and I can confirm. For...
  14. linuxteddy

Post [EOL][ROM][12L][STOCK] Awaken OS 2.x [UNOFFICIAL]

1. Does the camera app included in the ROM support full resolution (19MP)? 2. If not, would the camera app from dtrunk90 support full resolution? And will it be installed with e.g. "adb sideload camera-0.3.0.zip"?
  15. linuxteddy

I will provide one. Would you please tell me anyway if the camera app of the LOS ROM is expected to be able to work with the device's full resolution?