Recent content by Loccy

1. L

Post How To Guide [TUTORIAL] how to set the screen refresh rate to 90 Hz

I had to restart the phone afterwards to make the change take effect, just in case anyone else thinks the above hasn't worked.
  2. L

Post Mi Mix2 or Nokia 7 plus

I had exactly the same choice and went for the Mix 2. I'm not someone who cares very much about the camera on a phone - on the rare occasions I use it I'm happy if the image on the screen vaguely looks like what I pointed the phone at. But if the camera is important to you the Nokia's is...
  3. L

Post Fast and smoothly Rom for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

I run Android Wear on a plain, stock global MIUI ROM. The trick is: * enable developer options and turn memory optimisation OFF * disable battery saver on apps like Android Wear, email clients, anything you want to stay in memory. Go settings/battery/power/app battery saver and make sure for...
  4. L

Thread Backing up /data prior to bootloader unlock

Hi all, the subject line says it all. Is there a way to back up your data partition, unlock the bootloader (and thus wipe) and then restore the backup? Having spent a bit of time setting up the global ROM my Mix 2 came with and finding actually I quite like it, I would rather not go through the...
  5. L

Post ooh, how I hate Miui 8, 9, whatever...

You know what? I'm a new owner of a Mi Mix 2 and my expectation was that, as soon as I was able, MIUI was going to be a case of "take off and nuke the entire site from orbit", speaking as a stock Android snob. So I have to wait 72 hours for my bootloader unlock to go through meaning that I'm...
  6. L

Post [OFFICIAL] [Sanders] 9.x||8.x.y || [64bit] || Ground Zero ROMs || Gzosp || Validus

I'm not actually running Validus, I'm a Pixel Experience chap myself, but I have to say that "some stuffs" is the best description I've ever read in any Changelog ever. I'm definitely switching now. Not just one stuff but "stuffs", plural! So there's lots of them! Stuffs everywhere. The rom is...
  7. L

Post [ROM][8.1.0][sanders][OFFICIAL] Pixel Experience [AOSP][r26][2018/05/27]

There was: To be honest, I'm quite happy with the combination of their last release plus v20 of Alize kernel. Best combo I've used on the device. Why mess with something that works well?
  8. L

Post [KERNEL][8.x][EAS] AL-ice-KERNEL [CLANG][ARM64][SANDERS]

It's on the previous page. And now it's on this page too: https://github.com/AlizeKernel/alize_sanders/releases/download/Twenty/AlizeEASw_Clang-8.x_vTwenty-64bit-Sanders.zip
  9. L

Post [KERNEL][8.x][EAS] AL-ice-KERNEL [CLANG][ARM64][SANDERS]

Having got incredibly frustrated with all this Telegram stuff and, it seems, people being unable to understand the simple request "can you post a link to the latest version" I signed up to Telegram long enough to find the link to the latest version. So here it is - version 20. No Telegram, just...
  10. L

Post Nexus 6 to G5S plus, thoughts?

I can tell a slightly more upbeat story. Migrated from a Nexus 6P which I loved dearly, but after spending a small fortune on battery replacements realised it was time to call it a day. I am very pleased with the Moto. Honestly? I see very little functional difference between this and the 6P...
  11. L

My gut feeling is that 5 hours is about right. I also have a gut feeling that battery on this ROM doesn't quite last as long as the 7.1 stock - but I have nothing scientific to base this on, just a general perception. (edit: although I don't have a problem with that. It's marginal at best for...
  12. L

Just a quick "me too" here to say that this is some very fine work. Had been running rooted stock since getting the phone but was fed up with the constant requests to update. Having rooted, getting the thing back into a state where it'd accept an OTA would have been non-trivial. The fact that...
  13. L

Post [WIP] [Kernel] [magisk modules on stock rom]

GeneticEngineer's original both passes SafetyNet and leaves fingerprint gestures functional on my otherwise stock single Sim EU version: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120765462
  14. L

Post [WIP] [Kernel] [magisk modules on stock rom]

Here's a link to GeneticEngineer's AFH-hosted original kernel from the TWRP thread. I don't think he'll mind it being reposted in this thread. This should tide people over until you can iron out the bugs in your build. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120765462 Thanks for picking...
  15. L

Post [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][Sanders] TWRP-3.2.1-r20 (64bit Supported!)

It doesn't matter what kernel is on TWRP r9 - the issue is the kernel on the rom you're running. When you reboot from TWRP into your (stock?) rom then Motorola's kernel fires up with the mounting bug and Magisk is hobbled. A custom kernel on TWRP makes no difference. If you flash...