Recent content by LSS4181

1. L

Post Do Project Treble ROMs work with the Galaxy Tab S7+ 512GB Wi-Fi variant?

I actually booted it myself and kept a backup of it so I can test it a bit further if needed. With TWRP and appropriate backups it's not difficult to switch back and forth. Since Magisk can't work with Android 11 vendor at the moment, and that recent GSI builds are not certified for some...
  2. L

Thread Build BUC1 has blocked the downgrade to Android 10

I upgraded my tablet to BUC1 a few days ago via Odin. Recently I was thinking about downgrading to ATK3 to see if GSIs behave better with Android Q vendors, only to find out that it's not possible anymore. Starting from BUC1 build, the SW REV value has been incremented to 2 from 1 which...
  3. L

Post Do Project Treble ROMs work with the Galaxy Tab S7+ 512GB Wi-Fi variant?

1. At present, AOSP v304 GSI can be booted, but no Magisk yet. This is if you have Android 11 stock FW. The situation with GSI might be different (probably better) with Android 10 stock FW, but I can no longer test this, as the latest BUC1 build blocked the downgrade path. You can still...
  4. L

Post Im rusty, mr 0 , 2 ,3 ?

Uh... you can try GSIs on this phone after unlocking bootloader. Most of the phone's functionality work with GSIs at the moment. Recently Magisk has changed its way of distribution so there's only an apk now. But if you rename the Magisk apk into a zip, you can then flash it from TWRP (which...
  5. L

Post Tab S7 - Touch issues while gaming, among others

If it's not about 120Hz display I think some other tablets, including older generation ones, might be good choices. It's just that I don't think I'll ever pick another Samsung product anymore thanks to the GOS fiasco (app/service apks that would be automatically re-enabled by watchdogs placed...
  6. L

Post Custom rom!!??

You're right about the other features. For office/productivity works this tablet is an excellent choice. On the other hand, this tablet's performance is very disappointing when it comes to gaming. I'm currently dealing with some touch-related issues when playing games (none of which would be a...
  7. L

Post TWRP for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G (T976B)

I simply check everything in case of emergency, though in most cases I only need to restore Super/data/boot like you said. Those other partitions aren't too much in size compared to the overall storage space the tablet provides.
  8. L

Post Tab S7 - Touch issues while gaming, among others

I'm having some strange issues with my Galaxy Tab S7+ as well, mostly touch-related. But in overall, the tablet's performance is really disappointing. I was expecting much more from this SD865-based tablet compared to my previous one, Pixel C. Taps are not being registered accurately. Sometimes...
  9. L

Post Custom rom!!??

A general thing to lose with root for all Samsung devices would be those Knox-related stuffs, namely Secure Folders. I've been trying to boot a GSI on the tablet but up to now all attempts have failed. The tablet refused to boot, despite there were no problems with the flashing. I personally...
  10. L

Post How to uninstall One UI 3.1 (Android 11) Update?

Thanks, but it's not really that relevant now as the crashing issue was finally fixed by the developer. However, on Android 11 things are indeed performing worse than on Android 10. Frame rates are much lower, and touch issues (erratic or sudden delay/loss of touches) become more frequent...
  11. L

Post TWRP for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G (T976B)

I tried this guide. Although it can indeed flash the GSI (as confirmed by looking at the /system_root contents), I currently can't make it boot. It keeps rebooting in the Samsung (Knox) logo that warns me about using custom ROM... I'm currently on the stock kernel with Magisk installed into it...
  12. L

Post Android 11 Kernel Source for Samsung Galaxy Tab s7 (gts7l) T878USQU1BUAC

Great. Looks like the source for SM-T976B (Galaxy S7+) build BUA8 is out as well.
  13. L

Post watch out Samsung is being sneaky.

Plus, Samsung would lock you out if you dare to touch anything related to it. EDIT: I think it depends on how you debloat. If you debloat them all at once (I used this debloater's Root/Magisk mode to do so) you would be fine, so some Samsung system apps probably have watchdogs to ensure the...
  14. L

This time I tried the Root method (which utilizes a Magisk module to systemlessly replace files, and can complement my NanoDroid overlay) so all the Samsung stuffs in question can be banished from the system. I did not add other lists (namely the GFAM ones) as I might need to manually install...
  15. L

TL;DR: Guess I really need to be careful about Samsung in some ways... Okay... just unlocked and rooted this tablet. Although I can safely disable most bloated apps using this script (root not required at this point), there are some untouchable ones, especially Game Optimization Service/GOS...