Recent content by Lughnasadh

1. Lughnasadh

Post [Guide] Pixel 4 XL (Unlocked from Google Store) - Root and Bootloader Unlocking

First thing would be to make sure your platform tools are up-to-date.
  2. Lughnasadh

Post Stuck on TWRP "teamwin" screen

Patch the boot image and fastboot flash the patched boot image. https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#boot-image-patching
  3. Lughnasadh

Post [ROM][Pixel 2 XL][11.0] PixelDust Android 11 for taimen [03 February 2021]

Fastboot flash the stock (factory) boot image to get rid of TWRP. There is not a separate recovery partition on this phone. It is located within the boot image so flashing the stock boot image will replace TWRP with the stock recovery. When you flash/install TWRP it patches the boot image, but...
  4. Lughnasadh

Post [ROM][Pixel 2 XL][11.0] PixelDust Android 11 for taimen [03 February 2021]

Don't install TWRP. You cannot have TWRP and Magisk installed together on Android 11. Just fastboot TWRP to use it but do not install/flash the TWRP zip.
  5. Lughnasadh

Post [ROM][10.0][angler] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/12/22]

I'm talking about "formatting" /data, not wiping, They are 2 different things. You need to format /data after flashing custom roms on Android 10 for this device. 1. Flash rom 2. Format data in TWRP 3. Flash workaround zip 4. Boot
  6. Lughnasadh

Well, you didn't say you did that. Did you format /data after flashing the rom? If not, do so and then patch the rom and then boot.
  7. Lughnasadh

After flashing the rom and before booting, patch it using the workaround zip in this thread... https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-how-to-nexus-6p-bootloop-of-death-blod-workaround-flashable-zip.3819515/
  8. Lughnasadh

Post Magisk General Support / Discussion

This is the developer who discovered the f2fs bug. He's reverted the commit that was causing this in his kernels. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/kernel-05-01-2021-4-9-249-kirisakura_r-3-0-4-for-pixel-3-xl-aka-bluecross.3864563/page-147#post-84230135
  9. Lughnasadh

Post [Guide] Root Pixel XL Android 10.0 (Q)

I'm not sure it's a battery issue. I'm just suggesting that it might be because you said you were able to flash an Android 9 stock image fine but then you experienced boot loops. Therefore, if you are pure stock you shouldn't be boot looping and the problem may be a hardware issue rather than...
  10. Lughnasadh

To be honest, I'm not sure I can really help with any hardware problems. I've never taken any Pixels apart and am not really a hardware guy. There are probably plenty of YouTube videos which would be more helpful than I could be.
  11. Lughnasadh

Could be. Could be the battery, the battery connectors were damaged or not connected properly, etc..
  12. Lughnasadh

If you are getting random reboots and bootloops on pure stock you may have hardware problems.
  13. Lughnasadh

Yes, you can take an OTA with an unlocked bootloader.
  14. Lughnasadh

Maybe try fastboot format userdata and then flash the factory image again. If that doesn't work maybe try to sideload the OTA image.
  15. Lughnasadh

Are you flashing the latest factory image (Dec. 2019)? Is your bootloader definitely unlocked? If it is, don't relock your bootloader. You will not be able to do anything with a locked bootloader. Do not flash anything besides the Google factory images. Are you using windows? Are you leaving...