Recent content by Macsek

1. M

Post Instructions to install Asteroid OS?

AsteroidOS wiki does not mention any Amazfit watches here: https://asteroidos.org/wiki/porting-status Asus Zenwatch 2 specifications: Memory 512 MB RAM Storage 4GB eMMC Flash Amazfit GTR: Memory: 16MB + 40MB I guess it does not met minimum hardware requirements. Amazfit Verge: RAM: 512MB...
  2. M

Post Bootloader Unlock -> Questions , Firmware : VTR-L09 8.0.0.382

I have read you should unlock after each flashing, however you should already know the codes so it is easy How could you unlock it? I am asking because the security patch of my P10 VTR-L09 is 1 March 2019 (downgraded from 9.1 to 8.0) and none of the unlock methods seems to support it what I had...
  3. M

Post iovyroot - (temp) root tool

Thanks for the tool, zxz0O0 I had problems with Universal (Dirtycow-based) TA Backup v2 (trying on two different Z5c E5823 (32.0.A.6.200) phones created empty backups, but backing up Xperia Z was fine), then tried your tabackup v0.4 (modified to run on linux, attached) and it worked well. :good:
  4. M

Post Universal (Dirtycow-based) TA Backup v2

Of course you need to flash a stock ROM, losing root. Restoring TA would re-lock your bootloader, locked BL can only load signed sony kernels, all of which contain RIC and dm-verity. ---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ---------- Thanks for this tool for...
  5. M

Post [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][6.0.1][E5823/E5803] CyanogenMod 13 for the Sony Xperia Z5C [BETA]

Thanks for both ROMs, Berni-0815. I loved CM ROMS in the past, this one is close: fast enough, good general usage, but I have experienced random reboots now and then, had too low volume problems in phone sometimes, camera ceased to start half of tries. I will try another ROM. (definitely not...
  6. M

Post Xperia Companion doesnt work with Z5 Compact

I also had serious connection problems between my (linux) computer (having only USB 3 ports) and the z5c running the 1st version android 7 (32.3.A.0.372). I was not able to flash any rom. Later I was not able to connect to Xperia Companion (from VirtualBox). But my friends windows PC did work...
  7. M

Post Recovery & Root for MM .575 & .291 LB

installing from linux Hi folks, I modified the windows-only method to run under linux, created install.sh (had to compress it to upload in xda, run gunzip install.sh.gz to extract). russel5, can you please insert a link to this post in the 1st post, others can find it useful too. "Thanks...
  8. M

Post Official Lovi OS

not working well Hi, thanks for the efforts creating/maintaining this ROM. Some faults seems to be show stoppers, though. 1. After first boot quick settings do not display. (even later) 2. Play Store is not included, google Play Games displays error: If flashing ROM, booting it and then...
  9. M

Post [Z3C][TWRP][PhilZ Touch][CWM] XZDualRecovery Q&A

root rights are required to install dual recovery.
  10. M

Post [ROM][Z3C][6.01][LB/UB][.291]|X Features|Mx ROM|V8.6.0|☆Best Battery|☆[27/8/2016]

ETA? MXNICE, thanks for this promising ROM. :good: May I ask you about this next version? Do you plan to make other changes in addition to removing that malware video player? Is it enough to delete that file from the 7.5.0 zip and flash it or some other steps are also needed? (I know I...
  11. M

Post [ROM][P700/P705][KITKAT 4.4.4][KTU84Q]UNOFFICIAL CM11 by IMER

Sorry to say, but this is what I never understood. You (like many other respected developers) forbid mirroring. And what happens a year or two later? The work you done for the community is lost. :crying: This is why I don't see the point of these requests. BTW: can you please re-upload it?
  12. M

Post [DISCUSSION] Priority mode settings

Dear LosserKlosser, I am one of the 200+ viewers, but has not installed any Lollipop ROMs yet. I am just collecting information about what kind of extra bugs it introduced and whether I should install Lollipop as it is stable enough to run on my daily phone. Peace.
  13. M

Post [Q] Body differences of L36H, C6603 and other variants.

Hi Modise, In case the display and the digitizer work then you can get the model number from the service menu: Start dialer and press *#*#service#*#* link In case you cannot use service menu then try to use flashtool, it displays the phone type it is connected to...
  14. M

Post [ROM][10/08][LB][JB][X-Reality][PureXAudio][S-Force][Socialife]Fidelity JB 2.0

Bootloop on JB Hi Windows X, thanks for your work. Unfortunately JB 2.0 version has a bootloop on Xperia U (locked bootloader, .100 fw, .100 kernel) Can you please either repair it or just put v1.0 online. Thanks. ICS v13 works.
  15. M

Post Rootkit Xperia L (15.3.A.1.17) [1-Click Root for locked bootloader]

I have just rooted 15.3.A.1.17 with this. So yes, it works.