• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by MajorAly

1. MajorAly

Post [APP][2.2+][05 Oct. - V2.4] BetterBatteryStats

Here it is, I hope I dumped it right...
  2. MajorAly

Post [APP][2.2+][05 Oct. - V2.4] BetterBatteryStats

Just got a new S21 Ultra (512GB/16GB RAM variant if that matters), and I transferred everything from my old S8+ using smart switch (including apps). The problem I was facing was that the battery drain was persistent on the new device which surprised me because it was a new phone. Downloaded...
  3. MajorAly

Post General Battery life experience

Oh man, it's been way too long since I visited forum xda that I forgot to check for replies. Apologies for that. The results now I believe are improving, as my average SoT on my iPhone is anywhere between 3hrs-3.5hrs before plugging it in (although I plug it when it drops to 50%) and an average...
  4. MajorAly

Post General Battery life experience

Let me jump in after a long time to the battery draining bandwagon. I finally upgraded my S8+ which I got at launch back in 2017 to S21 Ultra Exynos (512GB/16GB RAM variant) 4 days ago. The phone feels amazing compared to the 4 generations old S8+ and that's a given. Since my S8+ had 4 years...
  5. MajorAly

Post [Q] Wireless Charging & Magnetic Car Holders?

Nothing super special except that it just looks cool and you can immediately pick up the phone and go, without the need to disconnect any cables. Well, taking off the case again and again would be hectic for wireless charging...Damn would have to look for something or place the metallic sheet...
  6. MajorAly

Thread [Q] Wireless Charging & Magnetic Car Holders?

Heya, So I have ordered a Promate MagMount to have the phone attached securely on the front, I went with a magnetic holder as they seem to be much better than traditional phone holders for cars (as the clips on the sides sometimes scratch and such the sides). My question is, does anybody have...
  7. MajorAly

Post Do NOT BUY Samsung S8 or S8+ thin clear cover !!!

I have also gotten the clear cover as a free bundle but for me the clear cover fits perfectly with my S8+ and doesn't have any issues that you have mentioned. No dust build up, no scratches left anywhere. Apart from the fingerprint that the cover also receives on the back (and some greasy...
  8. MajorAly

Post LED cover locks the phone

I'm pretty sure there are separate settings for some accessories including the LED cover. I'm sure I have seen some settings on my dad's S7 Edge and he uses the S-View flip cover with it. I will have to recheck his phone...
  9. MajorAly

Post UFS 2.0 or 2.1? Identify the flash chip in your S8

Read the OP post. He posted two screenshots. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  10. MajorAly

Post UFS 2.0 or 2.1? Identify the flash chip in your S8

Owner of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's S8+ variant. My storage is the same as the OP, so UFS2.1. No red tint issues, no restarting issues, no wifi issues, no wireless charging issues. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  11. MajorAly

Post Galaxy S8 & S8+ Waiting Room

Well good luck, hope you receive it without any damages from shipping. Do post unboxing pix on PG, would love to see your impressions.
  12. MajorAly

Wow, that's pretty odd. Considering that Souq here in KSA is giving the same Starter Kit 2 I mentioned. Didn't your Souq preorder said anything like that? If that's the case, even getting a starter kit sounds pretty good.
  13. MajorAly

That's nice, btw what extra/gift are you getting for your preorder?
  14. MajorAly

Lucky you guys getting the phone early, my local retailer shipping starts from 25th, been anticipating this phone a lot, need to get rid of Z5 Premium... Has anyone received or know about the Samsung starter kit 2? Instead of giving free VR bundle here in KSA, they are providing this with each...
  15. MajorAly

Post [HELP THREAD][Noob Friendly]Samsung Galaxy S8+ Ask any question

Good thread to help get all the questions and answers collected in a single thread. My question is: What are the specs of SD 835 in S8/S8+ vs Exynos 8895 (9 Series) in S8/S8+? Cores speed etc.