• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by Makishima

1. Makishima

Post [Guide] Flash Magisk on Android 12

If this is your first time disabling Verity etc. then I think so, I think you need to wipe your data, run the command with -w.
  2. Makishima

I did. Not sure if it works without it.
  3. Makishima

I never installed any safetynet fix... GPay just works. Do you disable your modules first? Edit: I just flashed it. Disabled my modules, the Magisk app was hidden but I forgot to revert that. Rebooted directly into Fastboot, flashed the beta, no corrupted data error. Booted back fine, Fastboot...
  4. Makishima

Using the fastboot --skip-reboot --skip-secondary --disable-verity --disable-verification update beta5.zip command and then flashing the magisk patched boot image?
  5. Makishima

Does this work in this case? Updating to beta 5? Has this corrupted data error happened to everyone so far?
  6. Makishima

My GPay works fine without Safetynet passing on Beta 4 either... No idea how. Did you also get the corrupted data error?
  7. Makishima

Post Android 12 Beta 4 Root?

Yeah I understand, I only need root for AdAway and Viper4Android too. But so far I can't see it going anywhere. That being said GPay is not available through Play Store for me, but it's on Aurora Store and it installs and works just fine.
  8. Makishima

Everything works perfectly so far, the beta is stable as far as I'm concerned and there is no change regarding the banking apps, even though SafetyNet fails. Battery life is a bit worse, I think.
  9. Makishima

Okay, to answer my own question, I used this command fastboot -w --skip-reboot --disable-verity --disable-verification update image-sunfish-spb4.210715.011.zip and then I flashed the magisk patched boot.img using the latest canary build which I also renamed to boot.img instead of...
  10. Makishima

Thread Android 12 Beta 4 Root?

Hello everyone, I just installed the latest Android 12 Beta 4 and I'm looking for a way to root it. So far I've found some guides talking about disabling boot verity, either with the android flash tool or via fastboot by extracting the vbmeta.img from the zip and then flashing a patched...
  11. Makishima

Post Root Android 12 on 3a XL (And Others...)

Hey did this work for you on Pixel 4a? I just flashed beta 4 and I haven't tried rooting yet.
  12. Makishima

Post Should i update to 12 beta 3 ?

Thinking of flashing the latest Beta 4. Does anyone know whether rooting with Magisk is possible?
  13. Makishima

Post [ROM][OFFICIAL][sunfish] LineageOS 18.1

I see. Well, do link the source if possible, or a way to find it.
  14. Makishima

Why was it removed? Was it this recovery, or is this the one that requires a specific kernel you mentioned?
  15. Makishima

Ah that sounds good. I think I also saw the weird TWRP you mentioned and decided not to mess with it. Where is this TWRP that you have attached from?