• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by ManGuyNY

1. M

Post (2021) How to install Android 7.1.2 on a Nook HD or NookHD+

Finally got the darn thing working. I had tried "aosp_hummingbird-ota-N2G48H.181223" that I got from another thread, and that one had the same issues as the Lineage build from OP's post for me. I just flashed "aosp_hummingbird-7.1.2-20181227-1604" from this thread and now the storage issue...
  2. M

Ok, so I was able to successfully flash back to stock and that booted up just fine. Followed the guide again from the beginning and suffered the same exact issues both with GAPPS and with the inaccessible storage. Going to try the AOSP ROM and see if it has the same issues. :/ EDIT: The...
  3. M

Thanks! I'll give it a shot when I get home, and then I'll try Lineage again.
  4. M

If you could upload the original OS zip, I would greatly appreciate it. I kinda jumped into this without making any backups because I didn't have anything valuable on the stock OS. Is the process for going back to stock the same as flashing the custom ROM? (Wipe everything and then flash the...
  5. M

If that is the case, why can I install apks and why does my storage correctly show up in settings? Very frustrating stuff.
  6. M

I appreciate the offer, but unfortunately I have a Nook HD. I'm using the hummingbird version of that same Lineage build. It seems like it works fine without GAPPS thus far except for this storage issue. I've tried wiping and reflashing the ROM and it still says I have 0 bytes free in the...
  7. M

To clarify, each time I tried a different version of GAPPS and after I gave up on it I wiped everything and flashed the ROM again. GAPPS installs with no errors in TWRP, but once I boot the setup wizard will constantly crash. If I delete the setup wizard before I install GAPPS I can get further...
  8. M

This thread has been insanely helpful, thank you guys. I'm very new to all this and I had to make an account just to be able to beg for help here. I was able to successfully follow the steps of this guide up until I actually got into the OS (I'm attempting to use the Lineage variant) where, if...