• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by MayhemIam

1. M

Post Havoc OS not loading

So there is somehting I don't understand Alf. I have flashed down to 8.0.0.135(C432). OS working. So then I have to flash Morfuz ROM 4.5. When installing a ROM, as per the instructions, one normally through TWRP Format Then wipe Dalvik, cache, data, internal storage, system And after that you...
  2. M

Thank you man! I was thinking the other day about my security patch maybe not being low enough.. I will downgrade to stock less than 09.2018. But I just wiped the phone again, and used his version of Magisk 17.1, installed the patch for the phone issue and it was resolved BUT when I upgrade...
  3. M

So a kernel is just an app for a person to set hardware specific settings? I see that the OS has one built in. I installed the last ROM you suggested. This one - ROM V4.5 - EMUI 8 http://catuva21.blogspot.com/2018/06/morfuzp20.html?m=1 So then I just need to flash the provided file for fixing...
  4. M

Hi there Alf. Well the good news is I got Magisk 21 running and working! I also installed the following Module-MorfuzKernel_P20LITE .zip -- ([KERNEL][MORFUZ-5.6][EAS][OREO] For P20 Lite by Catuva21) When I try and flash the phone fix through Magisk, it gives me the following output. Copying...
  5. M

from HavocOS to KangVIP So hello there Alf man I flashed KangVIP ROM and all went good until I couldn't phone or properly install Magisk. As per this xda thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-p20-lite/development/rom-emui-8-0-kangvip-p20-lite-catuva21-t3813564 If I wanted Magisk...
  6. M

I had so many posts I forgot what you said. But I did go back to your old ones, some of them to try and figure out how to flash back to A8 and install Havoc OS. Thank you for telling me again :victory: Ok i will look at also getting SELinux permissive then. You were right about this ROM though...
  7. M

I was not sure what I wanted :p from the custom ROM. Well when I started down this path I learned a couple of things. It would seem you are indeed correct. But what I saw with a non-GAPSS phone compared to a manufacturer ROM is that even when not using the phone, the custom ROM uses about 1...
  8. M

Thanks man for the info. That is a hard one to swollow I'd say. Not being able to record video is a big deal. I take it that is why you went back to stock ROM on your P20...
  9. M

Ok....where do I get a stock camera app then? I tried via F-Droid. The camera app that is installed with the OS does not work. It crashes to the home screen. I also tried a few through the PlayStore. No luck. When you say GSI, that means all ROMs that are GSI based has this issue with Huawei...
  10. M

You had any issues with the camera app?
  11. M

I followed your downgrade instructions Alf. Flashed a Service ROM, phone was locked, then I did downgrade through HiSuite to EMUI 8. All went good! Installed Havoc OS 2.9 as suggested! Thank you so very much for all you help dude!
  12. M

Post Colt OS v5.4 (Android 10)

Thank you Alf. You were very helpful!
  13. M

Ok, got a post on XDA, you need Service ROM to go back to Android 8. The dload method, does it matter what the sd card's name is in the OS? Must it be sd_card? OK the dload method does not work. I see that once you properly load a Service ROM, your device locks automatically and then one can...
  14. M

Ok, I tried flashing via dload method as well as the service menu Alf. Didn't work. So I flashed it manually via fastboot. It installed the service ROM as you suggested I do. The one I flashed was Huawei P20 Lite ANE-LX1 ANE-L21 hw eu HLRCF Anne-L21 9.1.0.278(C432E6R1P7T8) Firmware EMUI9.1.0...
  15. M

Ok thank you Alf, I will try with the provided info. Thank you! I was reading through XDA but couldn't find a answer. After I tried to do a downgrade via HiSuite and it failed as well as the dlaod method, I tried again to do a downgrade via HiSuite and the info in the app stated that my phone...