Recent content by Metallice

1. Metallice

Post Slight pink hue.

Some a number of things I'd like to share - After numerous replacements for partially pink or green screens I finally received one that was uniform in color. I mean no screens perfectly uniform in hue, but picking out any color discrepancies would take a lot of effort to see instead of being...
  2. Metallice

Post Slight pink hue.

Huh. It's usually the opposite for me. Less noticeable with higher brightness. I used to be a big fan of AMOLED. Not any more I guess. If I could take the display off my Nexus 9 and shrink it onto the 6P I'd do it in a heartbeat.
  3. Metallice

Post Slight pink hue.

Anywhere from 10/30 to 11/21. It wasn't like the new ones were better in any way. I was suggesting that at best only 5% of 6Ps have a uniform or close to uniform screen. But that was only a guess. I wouldn't expect screen uniformity to improve in later manufacturing dates. This isn't really a...
  4. Metallice

Post Slight pink hue.

Still new. Although I think google will always send new if you return/replace within the 14 day no-questions asked return window. After 14 days they can send refurbs. Don't quote me on that. They do send you the new one first and then expect the old back. You could send either back, but if you...
  5. Metallice

Post Slight pink hue.

Because it is. I have a S6 edge. It's just a better display. Also, I know from the S6 edge there was a similar issue with partially pink displays. I had to return one (or maybe 2?) before receiving a good, uniform display. I've also looked into the S6 edge plus and Note 5 forums. Comparatively...
  6. Metallice

Post Slight pink hue.

This is so tiring. Clearly second rate displays. Gone through a few RMAs. I should give up, but I really don't want to. I really do like the phone. I mean am I crazy for not being okay with this? Pretty much how they all have been. Some left right, some bottom top, some top bottom... sigh. BTW...
  7. Metallice

Post Slight pink hue.

Not saying otherwise. I said that Huawei should be checking them and sending back crappy panels. Still doesn't excuse Samsung for continuing to produce and use/sell bad panels and trying to pass them off as fine. This issue has gone back to the S4. Not even a joke. I had to return 1 or two S4s...
  8. Metallice

Post Slight pink hue.

Everyone is being harsh on Google and Huawei, but let's not forget it's Samsung shipping these "approved" panels to Huawei for phones. Some tint issues are due to manufacturing where the screen doesn't lay flat (Huawei's fault), but I think most is due to the the panels having inherent...
  9. Metallice

Post Slight pink hue.

These are just Note 4 displays. The measured power efficiency of the display according to an andandtech reviewer is within margin of error of the Note 4's screen. Like 4.5% better. Something like 15+% more power hungry than the panel in the Note 5. I have an s6 edge to sell. Also a Galaxy S4 as...
  10. Metallice

Post [KERNEL] ElementalX-N6P

Hey flar2 any chance you know whether the battery life dependant throttling is part of the kernel or the OS? Basically at some battery percentage the 6P becomes more and more likely to turn off A57 cores. Under 20% I see the 810 occasionally be limited to 2 A57 cores, under 15% I see them all...
  11. Metallice

Post Nexus 6P vs. Note 5 brightness [not mines]

I think the simplest answer is that the 6P is using the same technology and process and the Galaxy S6 - and not the Note 5. This would explain why people have the said the Note 5 display looks *slightly* better than the 6P, but the differences are minor. Whatever minor improvements Samsung made...
  12. Metallice

Post Galaxy S6 Edge Battery Life

To me the s6 and s6 edge are in a weird position because of the *relatively* small battery size and stupidly efficient hardware (other than the radios it seems). Using the phone hardly impacts the rate of battery decline. In different days I can get 2 hours of screen on time or 6 hours of screen...
  13. Metallice

Post [Kernel][5.1] M-Kernel - a76/77 [WiFi/3G] [f2fs/ext4] [5/14/15]

Could someone else confirm neither a76 nor a77 work with stock 5.1.1?
  14. Metallice

Post [Kernel][5.1] M-Kernel - a76/77 [WiFi/3G] [f2fs/ext4] [5/14/15]

Thanks. I got to your edit link eventually from the original :) Strange though. From what I can tell it just has to do with the compile date... unless I'm missing something. For whatever reason if the kernel has a compilation date before 5/12 CM12.1's systemUI crashes. I really hope this is...