• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by mikex8593

1. M

Post Must have apps

Titanium had a good run, but it's time for a new king. Swift's UI is more user friendly too. ---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ---------- I use volume slider. The paid version had more options, but it allows you to adjust brightness, call volume, media...
  2. M

Post What version are you on (US specific)?

Use OOS updater if you are on the international version. If you are TMobile, you will have to wait on their slow updates. ---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ---------- Can be found on play store, btw.
  3. M

Post twrp wipe results in fastboot loop

You really only need to wipe data. Everything else is rewritten upon flashing a full OOS zip, which is why you need to reflash twrp in that session before trying to boot or you lose twrp.
  4. M

Post TWRP Restore issue

Can you boot TWRP still? If so, restore Data ONLY, flash full OOS zip version the backup is from, twrp installer, reboot twrp, flash full OOS zip again, TWRP installer, reboot twrp again, flash magisk and other mods you have/had/want. If you can't access twrp, use fastboot ROM to restore your phone.
  5. M

Post Rooting, useful and safe?

Your data would be wiped unlocking the bootloader, as I'm sure you know. Your are correct about Netflix, but there are a million free streaming apps to choose from. Magisk has a repo of modules that you could use and there's a few custom ROMs that are magisk versions. Magisk can hide from apps...
  6. M

Post Various troubles with my OnePlus 7pro (rooted) + questions about restoring Nandroid

You need to wipe your data. Use Swift to backup apps, messages and call logs. Google will do it's best to restore settings upon setup. Your problem is almost guaranteed to be in data. If you need that data, I would recommend going back to whatever version of pie you were on before. Swift won't...
  7. M

Post Back up / Restore Help....

Back up data only and lable it for each ROM. TWRP flash your ROM, TWRP, reboot twrp, ROM again, TWRP again, reboot TWRP, restore data, flash magisk and other mods like custom kernel, dm-verity if you are decrypt and wish to stay that way, reboot system. There may be a simpler way, but that's how...
  8. M

Post HOS to OOS in China

There's a magisk module to skip startup, I believe. After that, you should be able to set up a vpn, if that'll work at all. https://github.com/askme765cs/Magisk-disable-setupwizard
  9. M

Post Can I install any Custom Rom on my OnePlus 7 Pro?

ROMs are built for a specific device and can be ported and maintained. There are a few that you need to flash in TWRP as per their specific instructions and a few that you can flash in magisk. You need to research and all the information you need is usually on XDA with each ROM in the...
  10. M

Send me your phone and I'll flash a custom ROM for you. Otherwise, do your homework. We're not here to babysit.
  11. M

There's a handful of ROMs available now in their respective threads here on XDA. They all have instructions on installation.
  12. M

Post Running two different ROMS

It doesn't work like that. The whole point of a/b is for seamless updates. If there is an error with the new slot, it reverts back to the old slot on boot. You didn't follow the flash instructions for the ROM. Flash it once, flash TWRP, reboot recovery, flash again and TWRP, reboot recovery.
  13. M

Post One Plus 7 PRO stores in USA

T-Mobile sells only a single SIM variant. It's the 8gb/256gb version.
  14. M

Thread Are there any custom ROMs for this device?

Title speaks for itself. I can't find any Information on a custom ROM for this device anywhere.