Recent content by minerva1961

1. M

Thread Missing 'build number' on full reset, are permissions screwed?

I know this sounds so stupid but I seem to be missing 'build number' in my System -> About. I'm completely bewildered as I've been TWRPing mobiles for years but this one defeats me. When I go to the top of the Setting dialogue there's a Search box, entering 'build number' into there give me 'no...
  2. M

Post [ROM][7.1.1] XOSP 7.1 [Unofficial][R7][Rel 1][25/12]

Tried this rom with Gapps 7.1 nano etc but on reboot am unable to complete Setup as the keyboard crashes immediately. Tried again with a complete absolutely everything wipe but same result. Eventually went through Setup by skipping everything Then installed Google keyboard as in GioCustomROM...
  3. M

Post [Theme] [06.04.2017] ModernUI Theme [OOS 4.0.3/4.1.0/4.1.1]

In Nova don't you just long press an icon and select Edit and change it there? Ta Derek
  4. M

Post [ROM][Bacon] Smartisan OS V2.1.0.1 for OPO

9th June, link still dead... would like to try this out ;-( And back, hurrah, installed via TWRP and all looking good. Thank you! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6bZclho1jk1NnA3alo1T1NFdVE/view
  5. M

Post PLUTONIUM - Optimized Stock

1232 single core score 4820 multi core score Geekbench 3 I think that's the fastest score I've ever seen. All seems OK..will hang onto this Rom me'thinks. Ta.
  6. M

Post unlock website down

UPDATE After emailing support telling them their website was falling over and sending them my details they emailed back with the unlock code within 24 hrs :) :)
  7. M

Post unlock website down

WARNING! You can get locked out of the unlock site for six months if you try more than twice! The link https://www.emui.com/cn/plugin.php?id=unlock&mod=detail is hanging...I managed to get a page eventually, filled in my details and pressed submit but it hung...and hung...and hung so I pressed...
  8. M

Post [ROM][BETA] SmartisanOS for OnePlus

Well now, for some reason which is completely beyond me, after downgrading my TWRP 2.8.6.1 to version 2.8.6.0 and wiping/re-installing and now the lock screen issues have gone. I don't understand why but am just grateful as I really like the Rom. Thanks very much for the response. Ta Derek
  9. M

Thanks, I've just checked and my version is 2.8.6.1, I may downgrade it to the older version and give it another shot but one would think the newer version would be better. Thanks for the response Derek
  10. M

Lockscreen won't unlock Hi guys, tried this for a few days but randomly the lockscreen won't unlock with the usual wipe. I thought I may have a weird combination of apps so installed just plain Smartisan and minimal apps but still the lockscreen won't respond on occasions. The app shortcuts...
  11. M

Post Onda V972 Allwinner A31 Quad Core 9.7inch Retina IPS Screen Dual Camera Tablet PC

I've had mine for a few months now, flashed with latest ROM and it's as smooth as silk, definitely on a par with my GF iPad, it was your decision to flash the tablet so you can't blame the shop/company if you can't read instructions and have F***** it up, if you take your auto apart and then it...
  12. M

Post Onda V972 Allwinner A31 Quad Core 9.7inch Retina IPS Screen Dual Camera Tablet PC

I had to run the eroot software twice before it seemed to work - was using Win 7 and went to Settings/Developer Options and put it into debug mode there. It happened before..not sure why I needed to run it twice but got root anyway..
  13. M

Indeed, it's like a completely different tablet, the difference in response times are staggering, shame it's taken them this long to get their act together but now it all 'just works'.
  14. M

NB this is for V973, not V972 hardware. The V972 (V1) is here; http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/onda-v972/onda-v972-v1-hardware-android-4-2-2-jelly-bean-root-custom-firmware-v3-0-2013-05-22/ (Just thought I would make that clear for any Newbies as I suspect the majority on the forum here...
  15. M

I'm confused... that one on the site is dated 13th May and not the last few days.. 平板电脑 V972四核版_v3.0版固件(仅适用于V1版本) 331MB 13-05-22 下载 / 详细