Recent content by Mostafa Wael

1. Mostafa Wael

Post Android 11 preview

I think this hotspot thingy is just the same as all the broken stuff. It's part of the deal of booting a GSI on this phone. Maybe if someone looked into that and tried to patch the boot.img just like when the WiFi was fixed with this boot.img file linked earlier. So I wouldn't get my...
  2. Mostafa Wael

Post Paranoid Android Quartz 5 - Essential PH-1

In terminal emulator, type "su" then type "top" (without quotes). Switch to landscape mode and check out the service that's hogging on your phone's CPU. The usual suspects for me were Chrome, Facebook, Google's Files app and Google Photos. Try that out and let us know how it goes. Switching to...
  3. Mostafa Wael

Post Android 11 preview

Beta 2 seems to mess around with a lot of stuff. I'll stick to beta 1 for now. Been rock stable and battery life is decent enough to last me through the day. Maybe I'll change to a custom ROM or beta 2 after I'm done with my final exams and my thesis defense :D
  4. Mostafa Wael

Post [Android 4.0+] Outline Icons 3.07 - 6900+ icons - XDA Members Giveaway!

Not the most creative home screen. Just Lawnchair + Outline icon pack and ...this wallpaper, forgot where I got it from tbh :D Thanks a lot for the promo code! Indeed a 5★ is in order, well deserved! Keep up the good work mate! :highfive:
  5. Mostafa Wael

Post [ROM][10.0][MATA][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 4.3 [05/05/2020]

Yes it is but beware this doesn't solve the problem of not saving the images you take after a couple of hours.
  6. Mostafa Wael

Post [ROM][10.0][MATA][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 4.3 [05/05/2020]

Could you explain your issue a bit more? I've had a similar issue where after some time the phone wouldn't save the images I've taken. I would just tap on the shutter button and I see nothing saved in the Gallery. That happened to me after some uptime with Gcam and the stock Essential camera...
  7. Mostafa Wael

Post [Android 4.0+] Outline Icons 3.07 - 6900+ icons - XDA Members Giveaway!

Hi there! I'm really interested in trying out your icon pack. Device: Essential PH-1 Region: Egypt (Middle East North Africa -- MENA). Cheers!
  8. Mostafa Wael

Post Paranoid Android Quartz 5 - OnePlus 3/T

So I've installed the latest Paranoid Android Quartz 2 build on my good ol' OnePlus 3 and so far I am very impressed by how snappy and smooth it is. One thing that I've noticed though is the lack of options for navigation -- it seems there's only the option to use the capacitive buttons on...
  9. Mostafa Wael

Post Android 11 preview

Oh I see. Well, my good ol' OnePlus 3 is still kicking it. Flashed PA Quartz 2 on this thing and it is really smooth and snappy now. A breath of fresh air from the dreary slow OOS.
  10. Mostafa Wael

Post Android 11 preview

So I flashed the new DP4 GSI. It seems the new "Select" mode in the 'Recents' is not there. Most likely it will remain a Pixel-exclusive feature.
  11. Mostafa Wael

Post Android 11 preview

Nope. https://developer.android.com/preview/gsi-release-notes Updated to DP4!
  12. Mostafa Wael

Post Android 11 preview

Yes, I just saw it. Weirdly it seems that the GSI has not been posted yet :( Don't see links to a new GSI here, the changelog is still the same even: https://developer.android.com/preview/gsi-release-notes#downloads
  13. Mostafa Wael

Post Android 11 preview

Looks like the new DP2.1 fixes this issue when suddenly the phone would become a bit too laggy, according to XDA: https://www.xda-developers.com/android-11-developer-preview-2-1-patch/
  14. Mostafa Wael

Post Android 11 preview

Interesting... I'll keep digging then.