Recent content by neilth

1. N

Post [ROM][OFFICIAL] Lineage OS 18.1 for Pixel 2 / 2 XL

On my 2XL I have a pattern to unlock my phone. When I fastboot into TWRP, I am asked for my unlock pattern which then allows TWRP to decrypt and work with my phone’s file system.
  2. N

Post Question Google Play Services

On my S21U looking at a week’s battery usage, Google Play Services has used .7 to 1.4% per day with daily background usage varying between 11 and 23 hours. Active usage is consistently zero every day though. So I am not seeing any battery issues from Google Play Services. How does this compare...
  3. N

Post Any way to eliminate Google’s unlocked bootloader on screen warning message?

I have a 2013 Google Nexus 7 with an unlocked bootloader and the only "warning" is the appearance of an open padlock at the bottom of the boot screen. Following this the Google legal department must have decided that the current warning message was needed to protect Google from potential...
  4. N

Post Any way to eliminate Google’s unlocked bootloader on screen warning message?

Thanks, I guess that’s about the best solution available.☹️
  5. N

My two and a half year old 2XL is working well with this LOS 18.1 ROM. The Google Maps app appears to be working perfectly. The only issue I have is a warning message after booting up telling me that the settings app has closed, which I ignore and click OK to. Every app I open works as...
  6. N

Post weak WIFI signal on Samsung galaxy j4 plus?

You are in the wrong forum!
  7. N

Post Universal DM-Verity, ForceEncrypt, Disk Quota Disabler [11/2/2020]

Thank you for letting me know the bad news.☹️
  8. N

Post Universal DM-Verity, ForceEncrypt, Disk Quota Disabler [11/2/2020]

I have a Pixel 2 XL running LOS 18.1 (Android 11) rooted with Magisk which is working well. I ran your script to disable DM-Verity attempting to eliminate the Google warning message that’s now always displayed at boot once the bootloader is unlocked. The script appeared to run successfully, but...
  9. N

Using the Universal DM-Verity, ForceEncrypt, Disk Quota Disabler, which I found in an XDA forum, I disabled DM-Verity, but the Google boot up warning message is still displayed whenever the phone boots up. Either the script didn’t work or the warning message is not DM-Verity dependent. Any...
  10. N

Thread Any way to eliminate Google’s unlocked bootloader on screen warning message?

Does anyone know if there’s any way to eliminate the Google warning message that pops up every time you boot up a Pixel phone once you have unlocked the phone’s bootloader? I just saw instructions for doing this on a Samsung phone and I’m just wondering if it’s also possible on my Pixel 2 XL.
  11. N

The link at the end of the 1st step has both the LOS zip file and the recovery img file available for download. I installed both yesterday with no problem.
  12. N

Post Question Black Screen of Death? 2 Month old S21 Ultra 512gb

Try to boot into boot loader mode to see if the screen works before the operating system loads. With the phone off, hold volume up depressed and then press and hold the power button. You should see the phone turn on and display several boot options you can select and choose with the volume and...
  13. N

Post Question Oem unlock option not available

Yeah, you didn’t buy an unlocked phone, not tied to a vendor such as T-Mobile or Verizon. They sell you the phone at a discount with a contract to use it strictly with their network so of course you can’t unlock the boot loader.
  14. N

Post Question Reset constantly

Ask Verizon to re-lace the phone!