Recent content by nericollin

1. nericollin

Post [ROOT][N960U/U1/W] Extreme Syndicate

Replying for the sake of visibility since I ran into this exact same issue. Searched around for about an hour before reverting to my backup. Going to try again now that I know this.
  2. nericollin

Post ARISE Sound Systems™ - Auditory Research in Sound Enhancement

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're asking if it would be possible to install Viper and Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) alongside a separate version of Dolby Atmos (ie; not the one included in the Installer). This is actually what I used to do as well! In order to do so, you will need to...
  3. nericollin

Old Team Member here, you're correct; as long as you install AML and clear your phone of any pre-existing Dolby Installs / Libs, you can run the two in parallel with each other. EDIT: it's important to note that the install order **must** be AML > V4A > Dolby. The reason that AML needs to be...
  4. nericollin

That is extremely high. Ideally you want to try keeping it at 3.5dB. if you want, I can share the arise_customize prop that I use.
  5. nericollin

Simply enabling Viper should not result in volume clipping. What settings in the Viper app do you have enabled, and what are there values set to?
  6. nericollin

In that case, I unfortunately am at a loss as to what could be causing the problem. For all intents and purposes, there doesn't seem to be any real reason as to why you are getting degraded audio quality when listening to lossless file formats. Sorry for being unable to solve this for you.
  7. nericollin

You do not need to reflash viper4android in order to change this setting. All you need to do is go back into viper and turn it down. Also, using playback gain control will also distort audio. There's little to no purpose for it unless your music files are at extremely loud /quiet volumes.
  8. nericollin

Turning the clarity option up to 10dB will definitely distort audio. Especially lossless formats. I personally leave my clarity and bass levels in Viper at 3.5dB for a cleaner sound. I just tested this myself as well and there comes a point where the higher you put either of those options, the...
  9. nericollin

Tidal uses a 16bit / 44.1kHz sample rate for hifi streaming on mobile devices. However, this needs to be configured in the settings of the app itself. To enable this, do the following: - Open the Tidal app - Go to the My Collection tab on the bottom - Select the Settings 'gear' icon in the...
  10. nericollin

The 709 version on the Play Store is not the same as the alpha 709 available on the Poweramp forums. Here is a link to the version I am referring to (you'll have to create an account to download it, but I'd say it's worth it considering all the latest updates go there before the Play Store)...
  11. nericollin

Are you using Spectrum Extension in Viper? Having it enabled when playing lossless audio will cause distortion and degraded quality. EDIT: To give a bit more detail on this, the reason why this happens is because Spectrum Extension simulates less compression; creating a middle-ground between...
  12. nericollin

Are you trying to use the Hi-Res output for Headset, Bluetooth, or DAC? The latest alpha version, 709, seems to have better compatibility with Hi-Res than the standard release on the Play Store.
  13. nericollin

I personally have had little to no success with magisk. Whether it be on Android 7.0 or 8.0. Because of that, I decided a few months ago to keep my old LG G3 on Android 7.0 with SuperSU, running Magnum Opus so that way I don't have to worry about never being able to find a compatible ROM + Root...
  14. nericollin

Replying to this because it is arguably the best solution to the no-processing issue. For me personally, this has always worked, and I definitely encourage anyone experiencing this issue to try this solution before going further.