• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by noisy_lightning

1. noisy_lightning

Post [OneUI 3.0 Beta] [EXYNOS / International] S20/+/Ultra Beta thread, Update.zip Files

According to Android Police we are getting the beta before the end of October. https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/07/28/it-looks-like-samsung-accidentally-jumped-the-gun-with-its-one-ui-beta-4-announcement/
  2. noisy_lightning

Post [APP] Alti/Barometer app w/ Tile, Auto Calibration, Notifications and More!

No problem, though Its not my app, I am no where near intelligent enough to make any app. I just happened to be subscribed to this thread and got an email about your reply so thought I would help you out.
  3. noisy_lightning

Post [APP] Alti/Barometer app w/ Tile, Auto Calibration, Notifications and More!

Just checked online and it seems your watch does not have a barometer on board which is what will be causing the error. The watch can't read real time air pressure.
  4. noisy_lightning

A quick Google search suggests that whilst not officially listed on the spec sheet the Gen4 does have a barometer, so this app should work perfectly on your watch!
  5. noisy_lightning

Works fine on my Gen5. No idea if the Gen4 or older has the barometer though so give it a try.
  6. noisy_lightning

Post [OneUI 3.0 Beta] [EXYNOS / International] S20/+/Ultra Beta thread, Update.zip Files

I just got it now on CSC BTU. Not sure if the Carrier CSC will have it though.
  7. noisy_lightning

They are part of the British Q Code system. Used in aeronautical as a small part of their design. They allowed for significant shortening of radio transmissions. All of them are detailed in the link below below. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_code
  8. noisy_lightning

I think they meant as a backup to a primary (calibrated) altimeter. Or for pre flight planning where knowing pressures and Air density helps with weather and other calculations such as fuel burn etc. With that said the options they proposed would be useful for activities such as hill/mountain...
  9. noisy_lightning

Now installs perfectly, thank you! On a side note, could I request a change please? I prefer having altitude in imperial (feet) , and Pressure in metric (hpa). Are you able to give us the option to set imperial or metric for both elevation and pressure separately?
  10. noisy_lightning

Still does it with the old one uninstalled. Thanks for you work by the way! This has replaced an often use feature of a Suunto watch I had previously and its very useful when walking in hills.
  11. noisy_lightning

Post galaxy S20 ultra G988B firmwares ( 5G )

Sorry, wrong forum! BTH5 now available for UK S10+ (BTU)
  12. noisy_lightning

Post Fossil sport uninstall system apps

How did you get on, notice any difference in the battery life? Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
  13. noisy_lightning

Post Fossil sport uninstall system apps

The complications are the little information discs on the watch face. Long press the watch face and it will shrink and show a configure icon below it. Press this. Then click on the one for HR and change it to anything other than the HR. I have attached a screenshot from my watch with the ones I...