• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by np231

1. np231

Post Best smartphone for under $200 in 2020

Smartphone below $200 Check out Infinix Note 7, releasing soon, you get decent specs for your money. 6.95 inch screen, 64GB 4GB RAM, Quad cameras, microSDXC slot, headphone jack, Fingerprint sensor, 5000mAh battery.
  2. np231

Thread Most popular smartphones by country

I came across this article that talks about popular smartphone models in each country. It is interesting to see which models are most popular. Obviously, the Android smartphones are much more popular in developing countries. In most of the countries, Samsung Galaxy series, Xiaomi Redmi Note...
  3. np231

Post 7T or 7 Pro?

OnePlus 7T I would go with OnePlus 7T, you don't notice the screen resolution difference. The biggest thing is to have 90Hz display, which both phones have. I don't know, the Motorized camera on the pro is worrisome. Even when looking at the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro, I would prefer the 7T for the...
  4. np231

Post [Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

Check out the competition so far in 2018. The best overall smartphone is Galaxy S9+ but if you are looking for stock Android then Google Pixel 2 XL. If you are on a budget then OnePlus 5T. Check out the comparison of the competition.Galaxy S9 vs Pixel 2 vs LG V30 vs OnePlus 5T
  5. np231

Post [REF][GPE] HTC One M8 Google Play Edition Stock OTA URLs

It is very possible. HTC most likely submitted 5.0 code to Google for TA and Google probably came back and said we are releasing 5.0.1. HTC will probably release 5.0.1 straight out. If they are working on it this week then I expect them to submit near the end of this week. We can expect OTA...
  6. np231

If Google provides Technical Approval (TA) then there are no more changes after that. That's the whole point. If Google finds issues, then they won't give technical approval. The deadline for approval is today (if no issues found). Mo said that if they get the approval then he will have the...
  7. np231

Hopefully Monday Moversi mentioned that if Google provides Technical Approval (TA), then he will have the OTA link with in few hours. So let's hope Google provides that Technical Approval today. Source: Mo ‏@moversi Nov 29 : ictechReviews If we get TA by EOD Monday, I'll have the SW OTA...
  8. np231

No If you flash the OTA then you won't lose anything. But it is always recommended to perform a backup of important documents and pictures. We are still waiting for the lollipop update on GPE. Let's hope that we get it soon. ---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was...
  9. np231

I agree and that's what moversi is doing now. Although, many thanked him for the updates on twitter, it only takes one to ruin it for everyone. Anyways, it seemed like it wasn't a major bug. They have to fix the SW-spin and resubmit to google. Once google approves, they can send out the OTA...
  10. np231

@moversi is gone I feel like moversi was trying provide updates. They found bugs and couldn't deliver on the expected date, and people freaked out. Now he is not even providing updates. Some people really need to clam down and watch what you say to the guy who is providing updates on the...
  11. np231

Post [Discussion] HTC One - Updates

Its not. Read the whole conversation, the person asked about RE update on AT&T. Not the lollipop for GPE. Let's hope its sooner than later. The twitter replies were all for HTC One m8 not m7. So who knows, our m7 might get it today.
  12. np231

Post [Discussion] HTC One - Updates

Yeah, I have the GPE One as well. I got the 4.4.4. update OTA just fine. So far, no sign of 5.0 lollipop GPE. Mo Versi said early this week. I'm hoping either today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
  13. np231

Thread iPhone 6 Plus vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4

Came across this comparison, Nexus 6 is superior in every way except the camera. Nexus 6 was found to have superior: Display (qHD) Battery (3220mAh) RAM (3GB) OS (Stock Lollipop, the best!) Price, Other features (water resistant, wireless charging, dual speakers) I really think Nexus 6 will...
  14. np231

Thread iPhone 6 Plus vs Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Specs Comparison

Came across this comparison, Note 4 crushes the competition. Note 4 was found to have superior: Display Battery Camera Storage RAM I really think with the 16MP Camera, Samsung has finally created the best smartphone camera. Check it out. Source
  15. np231

Thread The Dream Smartphone - Specs

Okay, so I came across this article about the dream smartphone. Basically, it lists all the specs a dream smartphone of 2014 will have. The Dream Smartphone Specifications: Display (Screen): 5.2-inch AMOLED 1080 x 1920 pixels (424 ppi) Camera: 16 MP, 5312 x 2988 pixels, f/2.2, OIS, iPhone...