• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by oddbehreif

1. oddbehreif

Post Love MeI

I've had two similar heavy cases in the past; in both cases you used screws to fasten the bare metal frame directly against the edges of the glass screen which did not sit right with me at all. Is this the same deal?
  2. oddbehreif

Post Help: Problem with S-Pen

That's awesome! Glad I could help. Enjoy your phone!
  3. oddbehreif

99% yes. I almost returned my Note 4 before trying the S Pen without a case. Give it a shot!
  4. oddbehreif

Are you using a case that has any sort of magnets attached (say, a flip or wallet case)?
  5. oddbehreif

Post [PREVIEW]Petition for Android 11 update for Note9, S9 and S9+

Feels like we need to have this same conversation once every smartphone generation. Recap: Breathing life into old electronics is not good business. Samsung is a business, they're in it for the money. Introducing new features for old phones will not sell new hardware; if anything, it will cause...
  6. oddbehreif

Post Petition: Give Android 11 for Note9!

Feels like we need to have this same conversation once every smartphone generation. Recap: Breathing life into old electronics is not good business. Samsung is a business, they're in it for the money. Introducing new features for old phones will not sell new hardware; if anything, it will...
  7. oddbehreif

Post Battery Cases For Note 9 that allow NFC tp work

NFC will most likely not work with any battery case made for the Note 9; the reason being that a lithium-ion battery is essentially thin metal foils with electrolytes in between.
  8. oddbehreif

Post Does note 9 s pen fits in silo of note 9

Note 9 pen is slightly larger than the Note 8 one - size wise yes, it will fit, but it will likely be loose and fall out unless held in by something.
  9. oddbehreif

Post How to recover after formatted

As said above, data recovery software is your only hope. Even then, results may vary - you may get back partial images, or nothing at all. It's 2020, people. Use cloud services gosh dang it!
  10. oddbehreif

Post Note 9 F/DS content Bluetooth disconnection HELP!!!!

It may just be your bluetooth speaker. I have a Kygo speaker that also acts up, but only when streaming audio from my Note 9; I also have no issues whatsoever with other bluetooth devices when using them with my Note 9.
  11. oddbehreif

Post Note 9 download mode problem

Are you sure your phone is a genuine Samsung phone?
  12. oddbehreif

Post Note 9 Water Damage HELP

If the water is clean, you may be in luck! Just make sure to dry it out completely before attempting to use it. You can accelerate the process by placing the phone somewhere warm (30 to 40 Celsius, or 85 to 105 fahrenheit - not too hot or the battery may take damage), or by carefully blasting it...
  13. oddbehreif

I mean fully disassemling the phone and washing the parts with distilled water. Not a very practical solution. Pool water is different from fresh water; it has lower surface tension due to the added disinfectants, which means it will permeate seals designed for only fresh water relatively...
  14. oddbehreif

Water damage is always something not to be taken lightly. You mentioned a pool - it's very likely that even if you manage to completely dry off the internals, there will be residual chlorine deposits which will cause problems eventually; mostly in the form of corrosion and/or shorted out...
  15. oddbehreif

Post Porting the Note 10's s-pen support to the Note 9?

My money says it will not work with a traditional charging pad. I haven't researched the matter, but Samsung probably uses a proprietary standard other than Qi in charging the S Pen.