Recent content by otto888

1. otto888

Post Question One UI 6.0

I have no clue, other than if it does work, you probably won't get OTAs. Try it at your own risk.
  2. otto888

Post Question One UI 6.0

Captured the update for the Unlocked/T-Mobile US beta here.
  3. otto888

Post Samsung Disney AR Emoji APK Files Needed

I don't think anyone saved them, and we're not getting them unless someone still has a S9 with them installed. I've been looking everywhere for the Zootopia pack for a while now, and the only thing I can find is the old Galaxy Store link, which includes the package name. Searching that only...
  4. otto888

Post Question Does the Google Pixel 6 Pro support super slow-mo recording (960 fps) like the Samsungs?

I did a quick test of the slow-motion feature at its slowest setting, 1/8x, and it looks like it only goes up to 240FPS.
  5. otto888

Post Development [DNDSync] My App for Do Not Disturb Synchronization on Non-Samsung Phones

Working great with my Pixel 6 Pro, but sometimes the lock screen on the watch will prevent bedtime mode from activating. Probably can't do anything about that unless you find a way to toggle bedtime mode without accessibility though. It would be nice if bedtime mode could be synced with the...
  6. otto888

Post Question Rooting... Worth it? Or hassle?

I would have rooted, but it's probably a matter of when, not if, apps that use SafetyNet start requiring hardware backed attestation to pass. There is also the risk of a wipe when applying OTAs if you forget one of the new steps to keep root.
  7. otto888

Post Question Flash OTA on a brand new phone?

You can. Just sideload the OTA from recovery. https://developers.google.com/android/ota
  8. otto888

Post HUWAWEI phone in US

Yes, but since they're not marketed towards the US, radio bands are probably missing, so you will have reduced coverage compared to devices made for the US market.
  9. otto888

Post [Q] YAAP-11-Alpha-yaap_hotdogb

It's probably missing due to the forum migration. Hopefully it'll be back once the issues are sorted out.
  10. otto888

Post [CLOSED] Welcome to XDA 2021!

Search appears to be completely broken. Searching for anything, even "Pixel" in this thread always returns no results. https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-official-10-0-oneplus-3-3t-pixel-experience-ota-16-11-2020.4054643/
  11. otto888

Post Noob Bootloader Unlock Guide: Answers to several questions and solutions to problems.

If you have the bootloader unlocked, yes. Magisk won't be able to hide the lock/root status from SafetyNet once Google fully rolls out their updates to SafetyNet/Play Services. https://twitter.com/topjohnwu/status/1251712525843918853 Signing ROMs with custom keys and relocking may be a...
  12. otto888

Post [STABLE] Project-Xtended XR vX.r Final A11 [R |Android 11] [October 8th, 2021]

Since updating to 5.5, the camera LED will flash upon receiving a call. Is there a setting to turn this off? Haven't found it in system settings or the default phone app. Edit: Found it in Settings, X-Tensions, Notifications. It was already disabled though.
  13. otto888

Post [GAPPS][DAILY] Open GApps for Android; All Android Versions & Devices

When trying to use Device Personalization Services with a Pixel Launcher based on Q, DPS will crash with a "Caller can't access shortcut information" error, and Overview text copying/app recommendations will not work. Trying to use the P based Pixel Launcher included with the Q OpenGApps...
  14. otto888

Post [ROM]-[23.07.20]-Havoc-OS-3.7-[10.0.0_r40]-[Official]

Did you have the screen replaced? IIRC this can happen to some aftermarket screen replacements when the kernel doesn't properly support them.
  15. otto888

Post [9.0.0] [OP3/T] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Obviously you would not flash this for the 3/3T, but looking at this prompted me to look in our own init.qcom.rc, and I found a service saving logcat to /cache as logcat1_LOS15.txt, which caused the out of space on /cache error I had when trying to update to the broken 8/25 build. The fix might...