• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Recent content by painter_

1. painter_

Post Share Your Home Screen!

Here are my screenshots and my background. Nova prime Whicons Calendar widget pro Wallpaper made by me.
  2. painter_

Post [ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for Razer Forge TV

Any hope for the DRM to be fixed? I just read up on the status on Google+. Really hoping you can get it working someday.
  3. painter_

Post Xtremeguard spartan

I just ordered and the discount code still worked. less than 7 bucks for two.
  4. painter_

Post OnePlus 5 selling poorly?

Ordered Aug 30. 8/128 black manufacture date 8/17/2017
  5. painter_

Post LineageOS 14.1 available for t-mobile LG GPAD X 8.0 V521

I was able to find some time last night. I used the LGUP program to reflash the stock rom. I think it was the "c" version. Them I was able to follow the guide to upgrade to 7.0, root , and install TWRP. Once I did this it was free sailing. The only issue that I had was I tried to use CM...
  6. painter_

Nope, No Go. I am able to get to the factory wipe screen and go through the motions but the screen freezes and the device is not wiped. I think that I need to use the LG tool and return to stock and start over.
  7. painter_

Back when this device was first rooted I unlocked the boot loader and installed TWRP for some reason I cannot get my device to boot into recovery. When I try from ADB the device reboots and shows the normal "this device cannot be checked for corruption" screen and hangs. I tried to flash the...
  8. painter_

Post [V521][NOUGAT 7.0][ROOT][TWRP] Guide to Update V521 LG GPAD X 8.0 to 7.0 and Root

I can't get it to flash in LGUP. It gets to 4% and crashes. Anyone have a work around?
  9. painter_

Post [ROM] iPioneer Stock Rooted 10c v0.1 for LGV521 - Full stock and rooted

Yes! finally a ROM for this device the LG G PAD X 8.0! I wish I saw this the when you posted it, I would have installed it over the weekend. Now I have to wait until next week. Which update is this based on? This thread is not showing when you search for LG G Pad x 8.0.
  10. painter_

Post Not sure where to post this? Mi box help?!

As far as I have seen this is the only rooting thread for the Mi Box (android TV) http://forum.xda-developers.com/android-stick--console-computers/amlogic/s905x-help-mi-box-android-tv-mdz-16-ab-t3477286
  11. painter_

Post *** New Device Forum Requests ***

Xiaomi Mi Box - Android TV MDZ-16-AB Reasons for a forum. This Android TV device is officially on Google's Android TV web site. :good: Good price point should lead to a popular device. :good: Many stores sold out :good: Xiaomi site sold out in hours :good:
  12. painter_

Post [Solved]Mi Box MDZ-16-AB USB port not functioning with flash drive or peripherals.

Thanks for the follow up that you solved the issue. I have a keyboard, mouse, and usb flash drive hooked into a hub and it works flawlessly.
  13. painter_

Post T-Mobile LG G Pad X 8.0 (v521WG) Info

Thanks for all of the info, I have already disabled and even removed some of the bloatware on the device, there are some shortcomings that need to be corrected which why I am hopeful for a custom rom. The partitions need to be adjusted and the ability to move apps to the SD would also help the...
  14. painter_

Post T-Mobile LG G Pad X 8.0 (v521WG) Info

I picked up one of these the other day. Rooted right away. An ASOP rom would be nice to get rid of all of the bloat ware on this device. With only 16 GB space is a premium.