Recent content by Paul22000

1. Paul22000

Post ANCIENT Android

It worked! I am now proudly on 7.0 without wiping!!! Thank you!!!!!! How do I mark this as the answer? Woohoo!!! P.S. In case this should help anyone else (or maybe help myself in the future), I updated TWRP though the "TWRP Manager" app, did a full backup of the phone (took 822 seconds), then...
  2. Paul22000

Post ANCIENT Android

Ohhh I see. My eyes immediately skipped to the "Method 2" content. a) So I should first update TWRP, and then perform "Method 1" in that post, correct? Just want to make absolutely sure of the steps. b) In the case that Method 1 is correct, since my data would remain, will my phone be wiped or not?
  3. Paul22000

Post ANCIENT Android

Yes. I do have TWRP. In that case, do you agree with the other post that the following link is the best upgrade path? http://xdaforums.com/nexus-6/general/android-nougat-nbd90z-flashable-image-t3474572
  4. Paul22000

Post Android Nougat nbd90z (flashable & image, no encryption, no dm verification)

Will Project Fi work with this? Also, how is this different than the Google OTA? Post #54 asked the same thing but I did not see a response.
  5. Paul22000

Post ANCIENT Android

Excellent thank you. Regarding the second link: a) This will work for 5.1 and a very old version of TWRP correct? b) Also, what is the purpose of making a backup if this will wipe the storage anyway?
  6. Paul22000

Post ANCIENT Android

I cannot utilize OTA updates: I click install, it reboots, and fails. Hence why I have been on 5.1 for years. I just haven't had the time (or desire) to do all of this manually. How should I go about the upgrade process? I understand the process of fastboot and all that (though it has been a...
  7. Paul22000

Post ANCIENT Android

Darn. Can you link me to whichever bootloader, radio, and build would be best for me to use? I just want the base stock Project Fi build, so I'm not sure if I should get the Google build, or one in the dev forum.
  8. Paul22000

Thread ANCIENT Android

I have quite an old version of Android on my Nexus 6 (see attached). Is it safe to flash or fastboot to a 7.0 or 7.1 build without wiping? I am on rooted Project Fi. I don't necessarily need to keep root (though I prefer it for tap-to-wake), but I do need Project Fi compatibility since that is...
  9. Paul22000

Post Can't boot, restarts constantly

I got a notification for this post since you quoted me. I'm not sure if you're having the same problem but I'll tell you what happened to me, just in case. I called T-Mobile and they referred me to the nearest 3rd party phone repair shop. I went there and after an evaluation, the repairman told...
  10. Paul22000

Post Force 5.1.1 Update

http://www.xda-developers.com/moto-360-5-1-1-forced-ota-performance-impressions/ ^ It worked!
  11. Paul22000

Post [Q] My Design Watch Face pick image not working

Had the same issue. However, I think that Google Photos was crashing the photo picker because the new Photos probably doesn't have a cropper tool. I cleared the defaults on Photos and then using QuickPic from Connect works to select the image from gallery, crop, and save the watch face...
  12. Paul22000

Post [ROM][MAY 25][Team Nocturnal] Stock Rooted LYZ28E | Android 5.1.1

1. Do I have the right Baseband/Kernel/Build to update to this ROM? (Image below) (My N6 is also not encrypted) 2. I want to stay Stock but keep Root. Is this the perfect ROM for my purposes, or is there a better "stock" ROM? 3. Do I have to update Radio or baseband or kernel? 4. Can I flash...
  13. Paul22000

Post [Requires Root][Open Source] Doubletap to Wake Enabler v1.2

What do you mean? How long between each tap -- really fast triple-tap, or somewhat slow triple tap?
  14. Paul22000

Post [Requires Root][Open Source] Doubletap to Wake Enabler v1.2

Is there any way to make this more reliable? Sometimes I have to tap over 20 times for the screen to wake. Literally, over 20 times. Not an exaggeration.
  15. Paul22000

Thread New Bug discovered with the YouTube app

When connected to a Chromecast, tapping on a video in the YouTube app previously popped-up a card with the video's Title, Description, and other useful information. As of a few week ago, that card is just blank. I can scroll down but it is literally just a large blank area. Here is an image...