Recent content by pauliusval99

1. pauliusval99

Post [BEGINNERS GUIDE][Lollipop 5.1.1 .236] Root,Backup TA, UBL, Install Recovery

I guess I was confused by your second sentence which started with "If your bootloader is open". Did you mean something else by "open"?
  2. pauliusval99

Post [APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

Where can I download the PDF addon? The Play storeclink appears to be dead
  3. pauliusval99

Post [BEGINNERS GUIDE][Lollipop 5.1.1 .236] Root,Backup TA, UBL, Install Recovery

The whole point of this thread is to not unlock your bootloader until you have a TA backup. I don't know what "real" recovery is - is there a "fake" recovery and a "real" recovery? :D I was on the latest official firmware, which is 5.1. Anyway, I've already decided not to bother and just...
  4. pauliusval99

I can't flash anything in Flashtool, whenever it asks me to reboot to flash mode, I do the volume down thing and the LED flashes red, then green, and turns off. Both adb and fastboot work just fine. I've tried a few different USB cables, different USB ports (my motherboard doesn't have any 2.0...
  5. pauliusval99

Post **What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

That might be true, but those models are all basically the same. So if any of them works for you, you can't really go wrong with either of them. GSMArena has a very nice "phone finder" tool btw
  6. pauliusval99

Post **What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

Why do you think there are many variations nowadays? I think it's the opposite, they're all the same: same size, same quad camera setups, same ugly notch/hole design, there's literally nothing to choose from compared to the times when we had anything ranging from 3.5" to 6". Now it's 5.6" to...
  7. pauliusval99

Because Spotify doesn't have what I want and because mobile data has a price. And yes, I remember not only 4.1 but also 2.3 - tell me ONE reason why I should care about that when I will never exit the music player app anyway?
  8. pauliusval99

Well, as I said, I only need a file manager and an audio player, that's all. I'm basically planning to use it as a DAP (mp3 player, more codecs) - I do not need 2020 specs for that, 2010 is fine. My current phone doesn't have a microSD slot so I can't store all my music on it, and I really don't...
  9. pauliusval99

I have a set of very non-standard requirements, and I'm looking for an old, cheap used smartphone instead of a new model. Not sure if anyone here will be able to help me, but here we go: As physically small as possible - I mean, I'm talking 3.5" or even smaller here - I don't care how...
  10. pauliusval99

Post [Guide] Easily Build and Install LineageOS 17.1 with or without Gapps replacement

The stock camera doesn't work at all in my build, but I found a Gcam port that works. And I have a question: where does the rounded screen corners overlay come from? I don't think it comes from AOSP, as setting sysui_rounded_size in secure settings doesn't change anything. Is there a patch I can...
  11. pauliusval99

Post TWRP 3.3.1-1 for Pixel 3A [OFFICIAL]

Edit: I think I had a brainfart. Please ignore and excuse me, thanks for the instructions
  12. pauliusval99

Post Disable rounded screen corners?

Another observation here: The corners of the screen itself are not rounded. The protective glass on top of the screen has black painted bezels with rounded corners, so the pixels are there but they're hidden under the paint. You can see this by tilting your phone while it's booting and looking...
  13. pauliusval99

Post [Guide] Easily Build and Install LineageOS 17.1 with or without Gapps replacement

Any tips on camera? Do you need full gapps for the camera to work properly? Maybe there's a way to install only GCam but not the other gapps?