Recent content by pOOBAH1973

1. P

Post Don't flash Magisk 17.0+ ***on STOCK ROM***

Damn.. I'll see how long my Banking TAN app keeps working. I don't want to be forced to reinstall everything. I'm just using magisk because of GCam.
  2. P

Post [8.0+]Google Camera Port with HDR+ on Axon 7

The only way is to unlock bootloader and use twrp for api2 enabler. AFAIK there is no other way.
  3. P

I've looked around a bit and found this relatively new version working on Axon7 Oreo B02: https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6.190614.0200.apk from: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-suggested/
  4. P

So which one would you recommend for night mode? I don't mind using two versions simultaneously. One for HDR+ and one for night sight.
  5. P

Thanks, the problem was an incompatible default front cam model. I got it to work starting the app with "take a selfie", then changing the front camera model to Pixel3XL. Now I can try more versions. Night sight crashes on this one.:)
  6. P

For some reason this version or newer versions of this don't work any more after uninstalling and reinstalling. Crashes right after start. Even after deleting cache and app data. I didn't change anything else in the system. Any ideas?
  7. P

Thanks, but this version is giving me the same error. Trying to install on Firmware A2017GV1.3.0B02 Checked the apk and it seemed to be complete. I can successfully extract on it on PC. So it seems to be an issue with my phone. [Edit] This camera seems to be for Android Pie and newer I'm running...
  8. P

Downloaded it twice and tried to install. "There was a problem parsing the package." Before installing I deleted cache and data of the older version then uninstalled it.
  9. P

Post [Discussion] Google Pay Magisk Discussion Thread

Zero solution here. Magisk > 16.7 makes my phone (ZTE A2017G with stock Oreo) stuck in a reboot loop.
  10. P

Step 4 worked now. The device admins weren't properly removed so I couldn't downgrade Google Play Services. I downgraded Google Play Services now and I'm on the correct version. Next step: Verification of Google Pay Mastercard via Phone paypal.:) Oh joy.
  11. P

Unfortunately it fails at point 4 here. Error message is simply "App not installed". I can sideload other apps, so it's enabled in System settings.
  12. P

On my Axon 7 (A2017G), I've tested with Magisk 16.7 on 8.0.0. Oreo (A2017GV1.30B02) - According to Root Checker Safety net is OK, and root not detected. Google Play Services are 15.0.90 (040400-231259764) Google Pay app is 2.83.235079858 Googe Pay setup with Paypal fails. Do I need an older...
  13. P

I'm currently using MGC_6.1.021_FINAL_V1b_A8.1+.apk (BSG, 2018-11-21) Has working night mode with awesome quality. (edit) I've just switched to MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-based_v.1.4_TlnNeun.apk My previous version had an issue that I had to wait for HDR+ processing to be finished until I could...
  14. P

Post S-pushTAN still detects root, even with magisk hide

I have the exact same problem. Axon 7 here, rooted via Magisk. Magisk is set to "hide" from pushTAN app and also "hide from various detections" in settings. pushTAN crashes and redirects to a webpage hinting that i have rooted my device.
  15. P

Post Video quality

Just wondering why 4k looks so much better than 1080p, even when watched on a 1080p screen. Almost as if they deliberately made video less than 4k look crap.