Recent content by pulser_g2

1. pulser_g2

Post [8.x] Omni for Oneplus 3(t)

The reason you can't get a "yes/no" answer on VoLTE is because the implementation at present by carriers and OEMs is flaky and overly complex. You need about 10 different things to all be in place, and working, with the stars aligned, before it works. In future, this should be a bit better, as...
  2. pulser_g2

Post LineageOS for microG

Sounds like the LineageOS backup script is still being invoked during the flash - it would preserve the gapps. One approach would be to disable this script on this version of the ROM, but there's potential for this to break other things (I don't know any examples) if anyone's use case used the...
  3. pulser_g2

Post LineageOS bundled with microG

It works fine on the OnePlus 3T.
  4. pulser_g2

Post Paranoid Android 7.3.1 - AOSPA - OnePlus 3(T)

Similar, although you don't typically use trickle charging on Lipos - trickle charging will degrade the cells as it's keeping a voltage across them while fully charged if I recall my battery chemistry correctly. Trickle charging is how you keep a NiCd or NiMh battery full when sitting on the...
  5. pulser_g2

Something to keep in mind here. I'm not an expert on the battery technology and associated drivers, but in the past some devices have used "ripple charging". I've seen a few behaviours which might point towards this being in use. Essentially under ripple charging the phone will charge to full...
  6. pulser_g2

Sure, drop me a PM - happy to test it out. Yep it is strange, but VoLTE/VoWiFi/IMS are pretty strange. My network isn't "officially" supported as they think VoLTE/VoWiFi should be "exclusive" to people who buy overpriced phones directly from them, but VoLTE worked totally fine on OOS.
  7. pulser_g2

Unable to get VoLTE/VoWiFi working here - VoLTE was working fine on latest release version of OOS. Looking at logs, this stood out: E PackageManager: updateAllSharedLibrariesLPw failed: Package org.codeaurora.ims requires unavailable shared library com.qti.vzw.ims.internal; failing! The two...
  8. pulser_g2

The idle drain is most likely unrelated to this - I see the slightly higher than expected drain when WiFi is off. Connections don't drop over 4G though, so it seems to be an issue only affecting WiFi right now. This might cause its own increase in drain though if apps are having to wake to...
  9. pulser_g2

I have noticed that TCP connections over WiFi seem to drop very shortly after the screen goes off. This happens even with doze (battery optimization) disabled for the app in question. It doesn't appear to happen when plugged in to charge. Not sure if this might be what you're seeing?
  10. pulser_g2

Post SuperSU and CCMT - clarifying privacy questions

I would rather stay neutral on the matter (as with most things), and since I'm not aware of the situation (don't spend as much time on here following the news as I used to), I don't feel in a position to discuss or speculate. I'd be tempted to mention Hanlon's Razor, but as I say I haven't...
  11. pulser_g2

Post SuperSU and CCMT - clarifying privacy questions

Recognized titles are not based upon arbitrary criteria - your title is based on your achievements and contributions, not whether you agree with people or not. I wrote an article on the portal discussing the merits of open source in superuser apps. I don't think there's a massive conspiracy...
  12. pulser_g2

Post [APP][6.0+] NetGuard - No-root firewall

Indeed. That's how I do it personally. But it might be nice for end users to throw it into a button. It seems many users have issues with some hosts not being block, and having a union of several hosts files might help them.
  13. pulser_g2

If you have certain hosts getting through, this usually means you need to add them to your block list. One of the biggest limitations of any solution is the database of what to block. I don't know how alternative apps work, but I don't think they do any more than NetGuard. With NetGuard you...
  14. pulser_g2

Post Packet Capture

It should work for packets both inbound and outbound. I'll test this shortly. It is indeed a paid feature, but the application is still fully open source on Github.
  15. pulser_g2

This sounds like expected behaviour. You need to grant the app permission to use the internet - NetGuard has several purposes. It works as a firewall to keep certain apps offline. It also works as a way to save and control data use. Finally it works as a filter for certain hosts. You have...