Recent content by Quiksmage

1. Q

Post [Guide] Root Pixel 3 XL Android 11 (R)

Hey everyone. Just throwing in an update that the systemless hosts module is definitely the issue. I've left it off for weeks and haven't had any issue. As soon as I enable systemless hosts and adaway, the issue will present itself within 2-3 days. Specifically switching the default launcher...
  2. Q

Post Rooted Pixel 3 XL frequently freezes on Android 11

The only thing that helped for me is disabling the systemless hosts module. No combination of clean re-imaging, installing different versions of magisk, or module enable/disable reboot manipulation helped. This is with adaway 5.0.9. To be clear, I can clean boot with these fixes people have...
  3. Q

That is correct. Without the module, adaway will not work in root mode. You could use VPN mode. There's plenty of VPN adblockers that don't need root, but they hit your battery a little keeping that vpn connection alive. I wouldn't expect this to last forever. Adaway is half the reason I root...
  4. Q

I had a lot of trouble with this like others. I originally dirty updated and found myself getting no responsiveness at the homescreen. The only thing I found that 100% let me clean boot was changing from novalauncher to the pixel launcher as soon as it booted. Changing to pixel launcher as...
  5. Q

Post 1TB MicroSD Card - Does it work with the Note 9?

fwiw my galaxy tab s2 only supports 256 GB, but accepts and works with a 512 GB. You'll likely be fine, but someone else may have actually tried it before on the note9 :).
  6. Q

Post [ROM][9.0.0][trlte] Resurrection Remix 7.0.2 [20190920][OFFICIAL]

Hi, on a samsung based rom, I can edit /system/bin/lpm so that I can force the device to power on when plugged in. Is there something similar I can do on this rom? I'm using this for a phone in the car and set it to shut down when no power is applied.
  7. Q

Post OFFICIAL HAVOC-OSv2 Android 9.0

Hi, on a samsung based rom, I can edit /system/bin/lpm so that I can force the device to power on when plugged in. Is there something similar I can do on this rom? I'm using this for a phone in the car and set it to shut down when no power is applied.
  8. Q

Post Enable Hotspot automatically when I enter the car

I do this with a secondary phone using freedompop. I setup tasker to turn on hotspot when charging and airplane mode when not. Works like a charm.
  9. Q

Post Whitestone Dome for Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL releasing soon (Dec 6th)

Took a little over a week and mine has started to spider web at the top. It's not too bad yet, but I'll see if it gets worse. I have like 2 months to return it at Amazon because of the holiday season.
  10. Q

Post ZeroLemon Pixel 3 XL 4700mAh Slim Power Battery Case New Release

PM sent. Thanks for considering us! :D Is there a 10,000 mah version in the works as well?
  11. Q

Post Joying 2GB - Steering wheel key customization - V6 (NO KILL)

Hi, I noticed that after installing the 6.4 key mod, some of my mapped keys are no longer doing anything. How do I map the pick up call button in launcher.sh? The only buttons that are working for me specifically are previous track, next track, volume up, volume down. I assume I need to...
  12. Q

Post FCC Car Launcher [official thread]

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/android-head-units/joying-2gb-steering-wheel-key-t3543390 we use a launcher.sh file in this custom mod. The launcher.sh dictates what happens with ACC_ON, OFF, and Resume I think Resume is a cold boot ACC_ON = wake from sleep ACC_OFF = turned off...
  13. Q

Spotify worked for me on my MTCB device rk3188 with fcc launcher. On boot, it would open in the background and start playing some 30 seconds later. (this was a while ago). On Sofia, what I find is that on reboot, spotify will start in the background, but the "currently playing" bit is gone and...
  14. Q

I can concur on this from my Sofia joying unit as well. The Sofia unit goes to sleep when the car is turned off. If the car is off for around 72 hours it powers off all the way. Also the resuming of the media player isn't working as well after waking up from its sleep. I notice that when I do...