• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by r.dunne

1. R

Post Will You be upgrading from the Note 20 to the Galaxy Fold 3?

Sorry, I know this is way off topic but I felt compelled to share my feelings on Apple, the sheer greed of the company regardless of what happened to me, which may have had nothing to do with them, makes me sick. That's enough money to end many issues that the world faces but do you think they...
  2. R

I'll never own an iPhone, or Apple anything ever. I had an iPod around 2003 or 2004 and I unwittingly dumped about 1400 mp3s that I'd been "collecting" since around '96 when Napster got going. Upon doing so iTunes conveniently also deleted the files from my hard drive. I can't remember if there...
  3. R

I actually downgraded, got another note 9 512 today. Gonna use it until I get a better look at pixel or moto G stylus next gen. Now to figure out what to do with this stupid note 20 ultra. I can't mod it because it's a US model and I can't sell it until I obligate the stupid contract with...
  4. R

I have several of them including 2 Samsung official ones which are the only 2 that don't work, however even the one I have with a charger and USB-C input which solved the charging issue causes the phone to do strange things whenever I plug it in or unplug it from any of my devices and when it's...
  5. R

I do have a few. Not those particular ones but not really surprisingly, I bought 2 of the Samsung official ones that both claimed that they have DACs but neither one does anything at all. I've tried them in the car, oni my home AVR, and on several speakers that have 3.5mm ports and nothing. I...
  6. R

One of the reasons I don't like this one is because they did away with the 3.5mm audio jack after the Note 9 and therefore the phone has no DAC. I have several adapters with DACs but that option interferes with other functions. I understand all the Bluetooth and wifi options but I'm just a wire...
  7. R

I won't be upgrading from this pos to anything Samsung. I might get another note 9 if I can find one in good as new condition but other than that, no more new Samsung phones for me. I absolutely hate this phone, worst one I've owned so far. I am kicking myself every day for letting xfinity talk...
  8. R

Post [FIRMWARE][GUIDE] Moto E (5th Gen) Firmware Flashing / Restoration Guide

Creating a firmware image. Greetings, I have an untouched xt1924-8, boost mobile e5 plus. I had noticed that before this thread went dead that there didn't seem to be a stock version of this variant available. If anyone would guide me as to how to create one, I'd be more than happy to do so.
  9. R

Post [FIRMWARE][GUIDE] Moto E (5th Gen) Firmware Flashing / Restoration Guide

A bit confused. I have a Boost XT1924-8. I would like to root it. I know this isn't a rooting thread but I would like to have a stock ROM for it first. I've read this entire thread and it seems that the OP is gone and the links have been nullified. There isn't one specifically for my variant...
  10. R

Post SCH-R970

LOL Exactly:cowboy:
  11. R

Post My Android Phone is Communicating with the DoD Network Information Center.

Revolution! I hear ya bro. Problem is the "sheople" won't, and don't want to. One thing to consider here is that this site seems to cater more toward the "big guys" who are ultimately THE problem. For example; I am on a smaller carrier, but I have one of the most popular Android devices on...
  12. R

Thread SCH-R970

Greetings, Just a heads up about this model. Considering this is likely the most popular site for this arena, it is surprising to me that there isn't a specific forum for it. These guys do great work and no disrespect intended, however it is frustrating considering it is the one I, and many...
  13. R

Post [HELP THREAD] Galaxy S4 | Ask any question | Noob friendly.

Thank you. I posted another thread in General Discussion Q&A forum about the MTP issue. It is post #3108 on page 311 if that helps as I can't post links yet. Anyway, I have done a ton of reading, here as well as many other sources, on this issue and I have tried countless fixes to no avail. I...
  14. R

Still confused! I know there is no dedicated forum. I was asking if I can get the info I need from one of the others?, Also this does not answer if my device is indeed an i9505?, And after reading the info from that link, I wouldn't try anything from there. The rules of this forum clearly...
  15. R

Confused! Yes, I'm a noob. I came here as it seemed to be the best source of info. The forums are vast and a bit confusing. I have searched and read for a few hours when I could have simply asked a question and either got a knowledgeable reply or pointed to the proper thread. Anyhow, after...