• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory
rakh1
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Device inventory Achievements About

• Hello Rich, sorry to bother you but I`ve read a few of your posts and you seem to be the man when it comes to data transfer. I`m a little stuck, I posted a question on the forum some time ago but didn`t get any replies, so here is my question, if you have a minute.

I`m building a car alarm and one of the functions I want is to be able to phone the car alarm and get a gps position back to my tytn2, I`ll use a gsm data modem in the car probably at 4800 and a standard gps module, I was wondering if it would be possible to call the car through the data modem in the tytn2, then set my tomtom in the phone to com40, then on my tomtom in the htc I could see what the car was doing ? make sense ? do you think that would be possible ?? I ask because the parts are quite expensive and I don`t want to spend a lot of cash only for it not to work. cheer for your time.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…