Recent content by RandomPooka

1. RandomPooka

Post Magisk General Support / Discussion

Banks, sales, and subscription service platforms to Google: Is your platform safe so we can prevent scams and theft? Google: Meh. I dunno. Probably? Maybe-ish. Aforementioned services: We won't offer apps on it, then. What secure apps do you use on your PC for banking? A web browser. Does...
  2. RandomPooka

Businesses that deal with money and services don't want you to be able to screw with stuff. That's not a liability for you. That's them protecting their profits and often their customers. It appears that you have a big disconnect for WHY security measures are on place. That's often due to the...
  3. RandomPooka

I would tend to disagree. You're still free to root and mod all day long. You can write your own custom os. But, as far as security is concerned, no. Your custom ROM and device mods will show up as a modified device, or unsupported at the very least. This is so that security based apps can...
  4. RandomPooka

Ok, I'm glad that I wasn't going insane there LOL
  5. RandomPooka

I must have missed the part about two separate phones, and bootloader's, and WTF are you actually trying to do, if not create/brainstorm a custom ROM with root that runs on a single phone?
  6. RandomPooka

Without the zip signing keys for the device you're wanting to do this on, you aren't going to boot a custom ROM without an unlocked bootloader. You can't spoof a locked bootloader to my knowledge. So, whether or not root is built into the ROM or not, it will inherently show a locked bootloader...
  7. RandomPooka

The short answer is no.
  8. RandomPooka

Post chase mobile app workaround for rooted devices

I had no problems getting the basic app functionality to work while rooted on my OnePlus 8, but it would NOT allow biometric sign-in. I assumed that it was detecting the unlocked bootloader, because YASNAC gave me the all clear
  9. RandomPooka

Post [OnePlus 8][ROM][OTA][Oxygen OS] Repo of Oxygen OS Builds

Still kind of an understandable question. Here on XDA, many of the commenters don't read the thread title and OP anyway. Fortunately, @FoxyDrew is not of that variety :)
  10. RandomPooka

Crap. This means I'm going to have to finally read about Zygisk and what/how/why it works and is for LOL
  11. RandomPooka

I lost the custom update channel info for the canary builds when 24.x dropped. All I'm seeing in app is stable/beta. Can't seem to find the proper info for going BACK to canary anywhere either. Would just downloading the canary manager apk from github restore that option?
  12. RandomPooka

Post [KERNEL] [blu_spark r151 OP8/Pro/T] [A12 OOS]

I don't think I've used TWRP since maybe A9? Possibly longer. Fastboot and magisk manager have been more than sufficient for my own needs. I still like to keep up on it's development status, but it's not an essential tool for me at this point
  13. RandomPooka

FKM, but I'm on A12 now to see if they've fixed the bugs I was having. (Hint: They haven't)
  14. RandomPooka

The first stable release of a12 is the thing keeping me away from it. I reverted back to 11 because of issues with the camera. The camera app would reset itself every few seconds when open, causing any video to stop recording.
  15. RandomPooka

Post [Discussion] Magisk - The Age of Zygisk.

I had completely forgotten about Widevine and DRM issues