• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by rdorsch

1. R

Post [ROM][10][OFFICIAL] lineage-17.1 for Pixels (marlin/sailfish)

I did a factory reset on my device before installing lineage-17.1-20211016-nightly-sailfish-signed.zip but the problem did not go away. But I loose microphone and I found in the meantime also the loudspeaker seems to be affected. But I think as you suggested in a previous post it is important...
  2. R

@razorloves pointed out on IRC that the pixel has a hardware weakness in the microphone: https://9to5google.com/2019/08/12/google-pixel-microphone-lawsuit-settlement/ among other issues https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_(1st_generation)#Issues Your message that you do not see any problems...
  3. R

The microphone problem is also there in safe mode. I tried with the Rekorder app, after reboot it works as expected, but after a while the recording remains empty (complete silence, without safe mode phyphox shows -infinity). In logcat I see 10-17 09:38:43.005 3061 3061 D...
  4. R

I went through a reinstallation with the lineageos build of today w/o magisk, but it seems the microphone goes again after sometime again. Now trying again in safe mode to check if this has the same problem.
  5. R

I digged somewhat more into this, but it seems magisk is not properly installed, at least Root Checker claims that Root access is not properly installed on this device.
  6. R

Excellent advice. It seems in safe mode everything works reliably and I have magrisk installed on the device. It seems I have to go through a wipe and a complete reinstallation and get rid of magrisk.
  7. R

Interesting, I have only problems with the fingerprint reader and the microphone. The microphone always dies a few minutes after reboot (phyphox reports -infinity), fingerprint does not work at all.
  8. R

I have the issue that the proximity sensor reports 0cm (according to the io.kodular.borekbandell.Proximity_sensor_test app) with the build from 20210821 (which is identical to the latest build). I cannot tell for sure if it is a HW or SW issue. Since the phone app blanks the screen, whenever I...
  9. R

Post [ROM][EOL][9.0][ARM64][OFFICIAL] ArrowOS 9.x

There is an ArrowOS 10 build from June: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/beta-rom-q-arrow-os-10-athene-12-june-2021.4265753/ I did not do a lot of testing, but looks good at a first glance.
  10. R

Post [Beta] [ROM] [Q] Arrow OS - 10 [athene] [12-June-2021]

Hi, did I do something wrong, Google Play Services crashes during entering my google account? [email protected]:~/Downloads/Athene$ ls -l total 828264 -rw-r--r-- 1 rd rd 603960559 Aug 1 17:40 Arrow-v10.0-athene-UNOFFICIAL-20210612-VANILLA.zip -rw-r--r-- 1 rd rd 6874374 Aug 1 17:53 Magisk-v23-0.zip...
  11. R

Post [ROM][10.0][sailfish] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/12/22]

Can anybody tell if Family Link works with this ROM? It does not work for me anymore with LineageOS 17.1
  12. R

Post [ROM] LineageGO 16 & 17.1 - Android Go experience with Lineage [mako]

Will there be eventually and update to latest Android security patch level (or are the fixes not relevant for mako (I understand that at kernel level there are gaps anyway))? Thanks Rainer
  13. R

Post [ROM][Pixel][11.0.0_r45] PixelDust Android 11 for sailfish [30 Sept 2021]

Many thanks. It seems that e.g. March update: QQ2A.200305.003 (March 2020) references the AOSP security patch level. For the March entry only, it is a little strange that it shows up in two releases :confused:
  14. R

Post [ROM][Pixel][11.0.0_r45] PixelDust Android 11 for sailfish [30 Sept 2021]

Is there a good way to find out which Android security patch level a Pixe1dust Rom contains (w/o installing it )?
  15. R

Hi, are there any good reasons not to buy a Pixel these days? I understand there is no Google support anymore, but I see it supported by LineageOS, I also understand that there might be a security gap in the kernel/GPU space. Is there anything major functionality which will be lost when...