• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by rester555

1. R

Post Question Google lately sending out a replacement device only once?

You are correct, I am not referring to Google, but I know of third party insurance companies associated with bigger companies getting scammed this way. Not Google necessarily. If it was off topic, my apologies.
  2. R

Post Question P6P Verizon 5GUW update today

I confirmed driving around Phoenix that the pixel 6 pro needs an update because my wife got 5G UW band 77 on her iPhone 13 while I was on band 66 5G Nationwide
  3. R

Yes, this is unfortunate for unlocked device owners.
  4. R

Thread Question Service mode for Pixels similar to Samsung devices?

Is there a dialer app code that allows for a service mode with Pixel devices similar to samsung devices? Or is *#*#4636#*#* the only way to change bands on the device?
  5. R

Post Question Google lately sending out a replacement device only once?

I have some information on why some companies are only allowing a certain amount of replacements within a certime time period. Insurance fraud. I have read that people are gaming insurance companies (today and in the past) when it comes to tech where they report a defective device that is not...
  6. R

Post Question Anyone find a way to allow free hotspot use? P6P rooted.......

As a side note, it was hard to find this information back in 2013 on XDA since it's a grey area legally. But I have been pretty principled about the hotspot data charging. It's BS that ISPs charge you TWICE for using the same pipeline of data. Whether you are using your phone or a hotspot, it's...
  7. R

Sometimes your VPN turns on and off. Your VPN app also might have an option of a kill switch when your VPN is not active. This will make sure you don't use hotspot data with your VPN turned off when the kill switch is activated. That way the ISP can't tell if you are using hotspot data.
  8. R

With my method described in post #29, you don't necessarily need the untether block module. But it's a nicety.
  9. R

I can understand your confusion because Verizon marketing is bad. Verizon 5G c-band is categorized as band N77 and operates at 3.7 GHz. So it's a sub 6 GHz 5G technology. This is what Verizon rolled out yesterday and said you can use it if you have the correct phone with band N77 and your symbol...
  10. R

Yeah, the way I have been doing it for so long is I enable VPN first (any VPN service, but I have done this successfully with PIA and ExpressVPN). Then I use the app VPN Hotspot and select this option in the app: After that, if you have a hotspot SSID setup in your phone, it will open this...
  11. R

I've designed and qualified engineering equipment for 20 years now. The FAA and the FCC are huge barriers to qualifying RF equipment. So following the FAA and the FCC to learn what new tech is passing their review has been something that has interested me for my years as an engineer. PEA...
  12. R

So I can confirm over many years on Verizon's plans that you can spoof their hotspot data limit by using VPN and VPN hotspot (vpn tethering). I have been using it successfully for 8 years. You can also bypass their hotspot tethering block if it's not on your plan as I have been doing this for...
  13. R

Thread Pixel 5/5a and Verizon 5G c-band eventuality

I just noticed this on Google's website (Google support website link). The Pixel 5 has band N77 in the snapdragon 765G, so I believe Verizon c-band will eventually be on this phone.
  14. R

One last point on this, Verizon has been notorious for being slow on enabling radio tech going all the way back to the Verizon galaxy nexus. This goes for their carrier phones and unlocked phones. I WILL FOREVER HATE them for this, but unfortunately, they have the best coverage in the US. I wish...
  15. R

This thread brings up another interesting point, has anyone used this module over a carrier imposed data limit to see if you still can hotspot at premium speeds? I use VPN and VPN tether to spoof using hotspot data so they don't deprioritize me. Does this module also do that?