Recent content by revanmj

1. revanmj

Post Apps using “display over apps” crash instant

What apps? Because some time ago Google made changes to how this works and apps must ask user to grant them permission to draw over other apps. When upgraded to a newer version of Android, permission was not removed for already installed apps. But on new device, you most likely have to grant...
  2. revanmj

Post Pixel 5 - 5G Certification

Google recently updated its support page about 5G network compatibility to explicitly state that 5G will work only on carriers that Google enabled it.
  3. revanmj

Post Pixel 5 - Charging (Connects and disconnects over and over)

I've encountered this, but only with my 5 port Aukey charger that does not support PD on its USB-C port and it happens once battery is charged over 10%. Someone on Reddit also had this only with 5 port charger without PD support. Issue does not happen on official charger from the box for me.
  4. revanmj

Post Apple TV +

Well, there is strictly Android TV version now (it was released with software update for some Sony TVs), but it also fails to work on other devices (says software update is required) - Source.
  5. revanmj

Post Nova Launcher issues?

I had this issue fresh after restoring from backup, but once I restarted the phone later, crashes stopped.
  6. revanmj

Post Pixel 3 allows carrier-customized firmware?

Currently every phone must be approved/whitelisted by carrier for VoLTE / VoWiFi or you must download carrier's app for VoWiFi (if they released it). It's a good will of a carrier if they approve phones that are not sold by them.
  7. revanmj

Post Q Beta

Yes, it was visible and I could connect to it, but there was no connection to the internet. So your problem must be something different then.
  8. revanmj

Post Q Beta

Check if your APNs hasn't changed to IPv6. I know that with my operator (Orange Poland) hotspot for some reason doesn't work when IPv6 is used, so I have to switch to IPv4.
  9. revanmj

Post August update OTA available

Anyone noticed security patch level is 1st August instead of usual 5th?
  10. revanmj

Post Lag issues related to digital wellbeing ?

You can revoke Digital Wellbeing access to usage permission, this would essentially disable it. Wysłane z mojego Pixel 3 przy użyciu Tapatalka
  11. revanmj

Post Modded Google Camera with HDR+ on Nokia 8

Could you be more specific?
  12. revanmj

Post Nokia 8 Android 9 PIE updates

You can't unless Nokia released such patch (and from what I know they didn't).
  13. revanmj

After February update it's quite good, the only thing people are still complaining is GPS/Compass and that it didn't improve camera :)
  14. revanmj

You can use 'adb sideload' method (you download update on a computer, go to recovery and load update through USB cable). Instructions are linked earlier in this thread.
  15. revanmj

This thread about stock update, not rooting. So please keep it clean and either ask this in existing thread about rooting or create new one if it doesn't exist yet.