Recent content by rfkd

1. rfkd

Post [GUIDE] Install Magisk with proper support for OTA updates

Solved it by updating to the Magisk beta channel. It worked fine with Magisk 21.1.
  2. rfkd

Post [GUIDE] Install Magisk with proper support for OTA updates

Could somebody successfully install the November OTA with Magisk Manager v8.0.3 and Magisk 20.4? As usual I restored the original boot image and installed the OTA without problems. Unfortunately installing Magisk to the inactive slot doesn't work anymore - after selecting "install to inactive...
  3. rfkd

Thread Double folders after update to latest factory image

Hello, since updating my rooted Pixel 5 to the November Image (via fastboot, flash-all.bat without -w switch) several folders in my internal storage are shown twice. The mentioned folders are in fact identical, if I create a file in one of them it also shows up in the other. After deleting a...
  4. rfkd

Post [APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

It happens on my Pixel 5, Windows just shows me "Error while copying the file or folder: Unknown error" (translated from German). That seems to work indeed, thanks!
  5. rfkd

The error is the same as yours and I'm also on Magisk Canary 21005. chown/chmod doesn't work for me on the TitaniumBackup folder and I cannot even copy this folder via USB/MTP. So I'm afraid the .nomedia file was just misleading. Unfortunately I found no way yet to transfer the TitaniumBackup...
  6. rfkd

Well, in my case always the first file in the logs with a permission problem was the Android/data/.nomedia file (whose file mode bits were 640 if I remember right). After granting a+r to all .nomedia files MiXplorer went past this file and complained about the first file inside the very first...
  7. rfkd

Unfortunately I'm also having this issue since switching from a Mi A2 Lite with Android 10 to a Pixel 5 with Android 11. In my case I want to archive the whole internal storage for backup reasons but MiXplorer aborts when processing the Android directory. Apparently this is caused by file...
  8. rfkd

Post Most stable Manta ROM?

How to root OmniROM 6.0.1 properly? I tried SuperSU 1.80 (as suggested in the OmniROM wiki) and 2.82 SR5 without success. Version 1.80 says "no SU binary found", version 2.82 attempts to install it every time I open the SuperSU app. Both flashed via TWRP. Open GApps (ARM / 6.0 / nano) work fine...
  9. rfkd

You're writing about CM, does the same apply to OmniROM as well? The camera is not important for me.
  10. rfkd

Finally I also want to flash a custom ROM as my N10 with latest stock Android has become very slow, although I'm trimming regularly. Based on your discussions OmniROM seems to be a good start. Is there a reason why you chose 6.0.1 over 7.1.2? Is any ROM automatically trimming the filesystem? Thanks.
  11. rfkd

Post January update

If anybody is on 10.0.2.0 (Pie with December patch level) and the OTA update fails (because of a modified system partition) try the following: Download and extract the 10.0.2.0 fastboot ROM on a PC Copy the extracted boot.img to your phone, create a patched_boot.bin with Magisk Manager...
  12. rfkd

Post [OTA][DUMP][DAISY] v10.0.13.0.PDLMIXM

In case somebody needs the 10.0.2.0 fastboot ROM: http://bigota.d.miui.com/V10.0.2.0.PDLMIFJ/daisy_global_images_V10.0.2.0.PDLMIFJ_20181221.0000.00_9.0_fed1fcdf5d.tgz
  13. rfkd

Post January update

Magisk v17 had a built in systemless hosts mode (which was enabled by default iirc) but starting with v18 they moved it to a Magisk module which is not installed by default any more. Unfortunately not and I guess AdAway in combination with the previously mentioned change in Magisk caused it...
  14. rfkd

Post [OTA][DUMP][DAISY] v10.0.13.0.PDLMIXM

Has anybody got the dump of the January update?