• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by RobboW

1. RobboW

Post System updates thread

Had a security update yesterday on my single sim Aussie Optus branded M20P. 10.1.0.315
  2. RobboW

Post Endoscope camera with M20P?

I have an endoscope camera and also found the apps were the main issue. The camera works, leds light up but most apps just didn't show a picture. Try some till you get one that will work.
  3. RobboW

Post Connect Mate 20 pro to internet via ethernet cable

Here you go. I added the screenshots off the phone with cellular data and wifi disabled and USB ethernet active. Enable developer options if not already, enter the settings for that and scroll down to "Select USB Configuration" and press that for the options. You're looking for the RNDIS (USB...
  4. RobboW

Post Connect Mate 20 pro to internet via ethernet cable

You can do it, working out how to add screenshots from phone.
  5. RobboW

Got my 298 August minor update this morning. Optus Australia branded, although I use Aldi Mobile, not Optus. ---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ---------- Use the Huawei app gallery to update system apps that don't come through Google Play. Have a...
  6. RobboW

Post No internet when using hotspot for cricket

Sometimes there is a line missing in the build.prop too. Mostly it's just the APN. I had to fix a phone that wouldn't tether by an ADB operation. That was unusual but google searching did find me the solution. My providor here in Australia doesn't block tethering but that phone most certainly...
  7. RobboW

Post Battery replacement

Unless the new batteries are so low it can't boot, it sounds like there's something different about the new batteries that the phone doesn't like. Incompatability. I would be talking seriously with the battery supplier.
  8. RobboW

Post WiFi strength, range, and throughput

For a really crude, non quantifiable or scientific test I put my Mate 20 Pro side by side with my work S10e to see how 5GHz wifi and performance differs. Same connection etc. Both phones have 6Gb RAM. On small stuff for instance, the M20P updates apps way faster than the S10e from Google Play. I...
  9. RobboW

Post Galaxy S10E Case

No protection with that. Hard cases are only for styling. Mine is a work phone and must have a lifeproof case. Work orders.
  10. RobboW

Post Definitive rescue of S10E battery drains

I thought part of the point of buying flagship phones was so you can leave it as is and enjoy. Not strip out this and that, root it etc just to make it functional. I'm leaving mine alone, it's a work device. See how it goes over time. Even my own phone has had no modification, although it has...
  11. RobboW

For all the people updating to 10.1 then saying this doesn't work, that doesn't work, there's issues here etc, do you have a Huawei ID and have the phone logged in? You should because if you use App Gallery there are updates for system apps, especially HMS Core. If that is up to date maybe the...
  12. RobboW

Post Galaxy S10E Case

I took that off mine. Hated it. Felt horrible, heavy, made the phone harder to handle, looks ugly. If I had another otter it would be the clear one. Current case is working for me though.
  13. RobboW

Post again huawei?

Depends if you need GAPPS. The later Huawei phones are all useless if you do. Such a shame. Awesome devices crippled by lack of services.
  14. RobboW

Post Mate 20 Pro in 2020?

I have an S10e for work and to be 100% honest I prefer EMUI 10.1 over One UI 2.1, although Samsung do pack in a lot of stuff that could be useful. I use both in dark mode but the Huawei feels a little more friendly than the Samsung. If given a choice of a Note 20 or a Mate/P 40, the lack of...
  15. RobboW

Post Mate 20 Pro in 2020?

I did! Fantastic phone. Camera is great. No complaints, it's fast and a sophisticated device. No regrets whatsoever.