Recent content by Robin Banks

1. R

Post (How I got) XZ premium Fingerprint Volte & WiFi calling WITHOUT bootloader unlock

The actual modem files are in modem.sin and you could unpack them and take a look. But, if your using a single sim xz1 OEM.sin that supports your carriers volte settings.. I think you should be able 2 just flash the whole firmware. I have flashed a single Sim firmware on my XZp and back to dual...
  2. R

Post (How I got) XZ premium Fingerprint Volte & WiFi calling WITHOUT bootloader unlock

I am just gonna guess that your running a single Sim firmware & you want 2 load a dual sim modem? I am pretty shure that won't work. You can use a single Sim firmware & modem file on a dual sim phone. But the other sim slot won't function. But it looks like you already know that. I am using a...
  3. R

I will try. But, like I said. I am not that great at step by step instructions. It would be awesome if someone made a better guide or a script 2 run after temp root. So, AFTER you already have temp root. Open another command window (keep your temp root window open!) assuming you have the new...
  4. R

This is what people in the US with the XZ1c have been doing because they want to enable their Fingerprint sensor AND have the US Volte settings. So if your provider already supports Volte.. Flash that firmware first so your volte works. Then before you flash the country you want to use...
  5. R

The only way you can lose your DRM keys... Is unlocking your bootloader. I did not want to do that. But, I wanted Volte & WiFi calling. This thread is about how I got those features WITHOUT unlocking my bootloader. And yes, of course I still have my DRM keys. You said, that you had a camera...
  6. R

I am sorry, I am not familiar with any phone providers in Vietnam. I don't think there is an easy fix because I haven't seen Vietnamese Volte modem files in any XZp firmware. I could be wrong tho, so maybe someone will correct me & also help you out. The only reason this works for tmobile is...
  7. R

You won't lose any drm keys if you don't unlock the bootloader. I posted screen shots above that show all security keys intact, with locked bootloader. And if you look at the top, the wifi calling icon is there! The "rooting" part I used was only temporary & I only tried 2 modify files in the...
  8. R

Thread (How I got) XZ premium Fingerprint Volte & WiFi calling WITHOUT bootloader unlock

*This would not be possible without j4nn & his amazing temp root https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz1-compact/development/devonly-exploits-temp-root-to-backup-t3795510 please thank & donate 2 him!* This is not really a "how 2 guide" because I am not good at explaining things like...
  9. R

Post [XZ1c/XZ1/XZp] temp root exploit to backup drm keys implemented

That's the same files I used.. I was able 2 get dsds_tmoble_us_im modem loaded in Pie.. But, I couldn't get "408" customization to load. So the VoLte switch was grayed out. XZ1c US pie should be out soon. That should contain the easy fix
  10. R

That zip you posted contains the oem.sin folder from the US XZ1c firmware. That's what I am using now & it works great on Oreo. The only change I had 2 make was the text in modem.conf file that's in the modem-config/408 folder. Mine is dual sim so I had 2 change it from "tmobile_us_ims" to...
  11. R

First of all, nice work! And thank you soo much! This is exactly what I needed & I plan 2 donate on payday. Out of the 7 or 8 times I ran this.. Lowest was 30s and highest was like 10mins (with a couple reboots). I did backup my DRM keys. But, then I realized I didn't need 2 unlock my...