• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by rodrigo.zr

1. rodrigo.zr

Post DroidWall - Android Firewall (iptables front-end) [v1.5.5] [Dec/01/11]

Yes, the only way is to flash either a custom kernel or a custom ROM. Sorry but I can't help you with that...
  2. rodrigo.zr

Hi. This problem is described in the FAQ: http://code.google.com/p/droidwall/wiki/FAQ
  3. rodrigo.zr

Hello, this is unfortunately not possible at this moment. Perhaps in the future ;) Take a look here for more information: http://code.google.com/p/droidwall/issues/detail?id=81#c1
  4. rodrigo.zr

Sorry that I took so long to reply... Pretty busy times ;) The iptables binary that I ship with DroidWall has support for all targets compiled built-in (I compile it myself). That message actually means that your KERNEL does not support ULOG - so the only way to make it work is to flash a new...
  5. rodrigo.zr

This happens sometimes when checking out code from Google's SVN... :( just delete the whole folder and try again. If the problem persists, just try again later.
  6. rodrigo.zr

I believe you misunderstood the functionality... DroidWall does not keep two separated lists. You must select one of the two operation modes: either white-list or black-list If you select black-list, it will block the selected apps. If you select white-list, it will allow the selected apps and...
  7. rodrigo.zr

This is the first item on the FAQ: http://code.google.com/p/droidwall/wiki/FAQ Your kernel does not support iptables. The only possible solution is to update your kernel (using Kernel Manager Lite, for example) or flash a new ROM.
  8. rodrigo.zr

New version DroidWall 1.5.2 has been published on both the Android Market and the project's website! Go get it while it is fresh! :D
  9. rodrigo.zr

Great!!! Thank you very much for your testing :D:D I will post an official update on Android Market later today ;)
  10. rodrigo.zr

That is right! I changed the way that DroidWall reads the process output. Can you please test the attached development version? I am confident it will work this time!! :D
  11. rodrigo.zr

Hummm.... I think I know what is going on!!! I will post another development version here soon, which will hopefully work :cool:
  12. rodrigo.zr

Another thing you can try is to manually run the root script generated by DroidWall (right after trying to enable the firewall, and getting the error). On the test version, this script is located at: /data/data/com.googlecode.droidwall/app_bin/droidwall.sh So, to run it using adb shell, for...
  13. rodrigo.zr

Okay, here you go! The attached version issues a "usleep" command between each iptables call. I have no idea if this will work or not, but it doesn't hurt to try :D Please note that you need "usleep" (provided by busybox) to be installed on your system. If you don't have it, just install...
  14. rodrigo.zr

Yeah... the "-1" error is actually a timeout (DroidWall detects that the root script is taking too long and aborts it). It seems that on some devices, iptables just gets "stuck" at random after some consecutive calls :| This seems to be related to a "modprobe" call that iptables does on...
  15. rodrigo.zr

I guess I am out of ideas for now, lol. Sorry that I couldn't help you (at least for now) :(