• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by rootfan

1. rootfan

Post [ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v7.10 [shamu]

I figured out the issue with Magisk. For the moment, you can flash the attached zip immediately after flashing the latest Magisk in twrp and everything should work fine.
  2. rootfan

Post [KERNEL][ROOTED][PIE] Performance Enhanced Overclock Kernel

So you extracted the attached zip and ran fastboot flash boot MagiskOC_2019-12-15.img from a stock system horqai and Giraff3? If this is the case and it doesn't work then there's nothing I can do to fix it without logs. horqai, you said that your device eventually reboots after flashing the...
  3. rootfan

lenana, I've attached a fastboot flashable boot.img to try that should fix the Magisk modules problem. You'll need to install the Magisk Manager app seperately and it has to be the latest canary release. Also, if you've flashed any of my previous releases you'll need to restore the system...
  4. rootfan

Post [RECOVERY] [OFFICIAL] TWRP for Shield Android TV

elliwigy, I notified the Magisk developers about the specific issue and it has been addressed so the next release of Magisk should just work on 2015 and 2017 shields and on 2019 shields with the steps you provided. You'll need to uninstall the Magisk Manager app and flash the Magisk uninstaller...
  5. rootfan

Post [RECOVERY] [OFFICIAL] TWRP for Shield Android TV

elliwigy, I believe I've figured out why Magisk doesn't work on Shield TVs. Give the attached zip a try and let me know if it works. Edit: powercommy, I've attached a magisk patched mdarcy developer boot.img. See if that works.
  6. rootfan

mLgz0rn, see if this Shield Tools fixes the problem. Edit: justiss, I attached an updated apk that should fix the new problems :good:
  7. rootfan

Yes, it's alright that the device hangs. A log will be saved that'll hopefully say why it hangs and that's what you're getting in recovery. Since you're just using adb you won't need a mouse. Edit: [email protected], here's a new boot.img to try. mLgz0rn provided the log file. This...
  8. rootfan

The one in this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80764243&postcount=175. You can fastboot boot it to see if it works. It mounts the partitions differently from previous versions and I'm not sure yet if it works on any Shield TVs other than the hard drive model.
  9. rootfan

[email protected], to help fix the issue, you're going to have to do this. Fastboot boot ShieldOC_Test.img like you previously did and wait until the device boots up. Then follow the instructions to boot the twrp I provided. When your device is in twrp run the following instructions adb...
  10. rootfan

[email protected] that's right. Run fastboot boot like in the instructions you quoted and, if everything works right, your shield will boot up normally and you should have root. If that all works fine then reboot back into fastboot and run "fastboot flash boot ShieldOC_Test.img" and...
  11. rootfan

SkOrPn, upgrading Magisk should work fine with R1.4. I upgraded directly from Magisk Manager without issue. The problem you had seems to be that Shield Tools was denied root access. If you have any further problems make sure that Shield Tools has been granted root permission in Magisk Manager...
  12. rootfan

The 2017 Shield uses different values than the 2015 model. Clicking reset on Shield Tools 1.2 will make the values appear correct, but what it shows as 100% will actually be less than 1%. I think I fixed this with the Shield Tools I posted above.
  13. rootfan

mLgz0rn I can certainly understand your confusion now :) Give this Shield Tools a try and let me know if the problem is fixed.
  14. rootfan

mLgz0rn I hope everything is working out alright with the new release. As for the fan speed settings, this is how they work. Each temperature matches up with the fan speed next to it. So for stock settings as shown in the attached picture, when the device temperature reaches 45°C the fan will...
  15. rootfan

Post Guide[Linux][Windows]: Migrate to SSD/HDD of any size, only for SATV Pro

Thanks hallydamaster, anchung.chen , and Luxferro . My shield is now running well with an 80Gb Intel SSD. While I was working on this I made a Python 3 script that works just like anchung.chen's program to do the GPT edits and 4K alignment. However, since it's a Python 3 script, it'll work on...